Thread: Armalite AR-10B A4 Accuracy potential

Feedback Score

Armalite AR-10B A4 Accuracy potential

I have an Armalite AR-10B A4 w/ 20 inch barrel, scope is a Leupold AR mark 1 3x9x40 Firedot-G TMR. Getting the Armalite free float handguard installed, along with a JP Enterprise compensator standard profile. What kind of accuracy can I expect out this rifle with factory match ammo? I would like to site in, and check accuracy out to 600 hundred with the factory ammo, then start to hand load my own using 168 match bullets. I'm hoping that the rifle can shoot 1.5 MOA with factory match and closer to 1 MOA with my handloads. I know I can shoot, with RRA coyote rifle w/20in barrel I can hit a 12 inch steel target at 600 yards 9 out of 10 times on a calm day, calling the wind is the bane of the long range shooting.
    Last edited by Markk9; 08-09-14 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    A good chrome lined barrel is capable of MOA accuracy... I have a Criterion lightweight CL barrel on a LR-308, and it will do 1 MOA from prone with a sling with handloads. I'd expect similar results from the Armalite. I think your expectations are pretty realistic.
    "This motto may adorn their tombs
    (Let tyrants come and view):
    We rather seek these silent rooms
    Than live as slaves to you."

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Feedback Score
    Here is a photo of what I shot today with my AR-10, prone, off a bi-pod. I was shooting PMC ball 147 gr to site in. This is the last 5 rounds at a steel IPSC target at 200 yards.

20141026_121749 by Markk9, on Flickr