Thread: AIMPOINT Pro issue or operator error?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

AIMPOINT Pro issue or operator error?

I received a new AIMPOINT Pro in the mail this morning and I am encountering issues that I cannot solve.

I mounted it onto my BCM EAG with the included QRP2 mount and spacer according to the directions found in the included card (the mount and red dot sight seemed tightly mated before mounting). I easily adjusted the red dot such that it bisected the top of the front sight post (as seen through the rear sight) horizontally and vertically to get a ballpark zero pending a trip to the range on Monday to get a real zero. I took the rifle into the woods behind my house and nailed an Ivan in the head at 50m. I can't shoot more than 2 rounds before the neighbors call the police so I happily closed the optic covers and turned off the red dot sight knowing that zeroing on Monday would be a breeze. A few hours ago I picked the rifle up to admire and look over my new optic; when I looked through the optic I noticed the red dot had migrated way to the right of the viewing field. I consulted the trouble shooting instructions found on the included card and made sure everything was tight and properly positioned/mounted. Satisfied that I correctly mounted the optic, I again made my ballpark zero. Contented, I turned off the Pro and put the EAG away. Until a few minutes ago, my wife hadn't seen the new optic and asked to take a look. I pulled out the EAG, flipped up the Pro's covers and took a quick look though it and noticed the red dot had once again migrated to the right of the field of view. Again, I ensured the sight was properly mounted and aligned along the axis of the barrel before attempting another ballpark zero. Now I can't even do that because the vertical adjustment doesn't appear to be working. I ensured that neither adjustment knob was turned to its limit as noted in the trouble shooting instructions.

I've used AIMPOINT optics on two deployments without issue and the CompM4 I bought last week has been zeroed and subjected to 400 rds fired without a hitch. Given the quality of these optics I am very inclined to think I'm F'd up and the optic is fine. Supporting my suspicion, a google search revealed no one else with a similar issue.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Moderators- please remove my postings if you feel I've jumped the gun, i.e. I should have waited until Monday to contact AIMPOINT first. Great consternation on my part prompted me to post this evening but I welcome deletion of it if it is an impropriety. Thank you!
    Last edited by Apoptotic; 08-09-14 at 22:19.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Have you called aimpoint yet?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    No, I don't think they are open on Saturday nights otherwise I would have rang them.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yes, per forum rules, please contact the company first.

https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?fa...q_new_faq_item