Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2014 - White Tail Deer Season

Feedback Score
    I didn't get to be out in the woods this weekend as I was watching the kids while my wife was at a ladies retreat with our church. I did however check the trail cams and it looks like a few of the big bucks are still around. Heading out tonight for the last evening of warmer weather. Polar vortex 1.0 seems poised to strike on Wednesday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skijunkie55 View Post
    I didn't get to be out in the woods this weekend as I was watching the kids while my wife was at a ladies retreat with our church. I did however check the trail cams and it looks like a few of the big bucks are still around. Heading out tonight for the last evening of warmer weather. Polar vortex 1.0 seems poised to strike on Wednesday.
    Opening day of our firearms season is on Saturday, lows in 20s.
    Should be good, better than last few years where it has been unusually warm. Getting antsy !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    Opening day of our firearms season is on Saturday, lows in 20s.
    Should be good, better than last few years where it has been unusually warm. Getting antsy !
    Haven't decided if I should give the bow one more shot before the woods erupts with gun fire on Saturday. Saw 2 does last night. Came onto my food plot and munched for about 40 minutes. No sign that they were being chased so idk.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Haven't decided if I should give the bow one more shot before the woods erupts with gun fire on Saturday. Saw 2 does last night. Came onto my food plot and munched for about 40 minutes. No sign that they were being chased so idk.
    I've had good luck with bow in the past on the last few days before gun season. Part timers on near by properties getting out at the last minute to set stands scout etc. Run deer right to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Usually between 10th and 15th give or take a couple days is when the peak of the rut hits in my area.
    I tend to get sick and miss work.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MBtech View Post
    Usually between 10th and 15th give or take a couple days is when the peak of the rut hits in my area.
    I tend to get sick and miss work.
    Yeah I just found out I still have 4 days of vacation left this year and we have a use it or lose it policy...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got my gun blind set up last week, waiting on the polar vortex to start the rut right before Saturday's opener. It should be a crisp, cold morning to sip hot coffee and scan the woods for antlers.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I just found out I still have 4 days of vacation left this year and we have a use it or lose it policy...
    Ummm, yea I think I'd use it, there's going to be a lot of deer movement coming on quick I suspect, with the cold front, the rut, just overall good timing this year.

Feedback Score
    Oh man... The snow is flying. Went to Meijer yesterday and stocked up on snacks and propane.

It is time!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got cold quick gonna be good!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast