Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mp 40

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

mp 40

anyone have experience with them???just picked one up and havent got any range time yet...

have a g17 and so far the mp 40 has the glock beat as far as hand comfort goes..

so your thought or reccomendation is appericated

Feedback Score
    I have the M&P 9, and it kicks ass! So far, 300 rounds with 0 malfunctions!

Feedback Score
    i got mine in april and after running the first 100 rounds, i felt very confident in carrying it. now more than 500 rounds later and not one malfunction. one of my friends first picked it up to see how accurate he could shoot it, he fired one shot which was as close to center as you could get. he then put it down and said, yeah that is a good gun. i was laughing the whole time.

it has replaced my 1911 for carry right now. (sacrilege, i know)

i love the grip especially when firing one handed. the magazine catch is easy to reach without much manipulation and the mags slide out slicker than snot, even after hitting the dirt numerous times. i am not big on the 3 dot sight (for any gun) and i am looking for plain irons. a whole lot less snappy than other .40s with recoil. trigger takes some time getting used to.

i am most assuredly going to buy another one, and the m&p 45. while i am not a glock owner or fan by any nature, i will say that i respect the glock for what it is and after shooting it, i can recommend it as a very good gun.
    "Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
    be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
    women and breed a hardier race!"

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    ive had my M&P9 for a week or two now...

flawless for 500+ rounds(various FMJ and HP's) thus far.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    M&P 9, but good info: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=14060

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=14866

http://mp-pistol.com/boards/

I have had good luck with my personal M&P 40. I only have less than 2000 rounds through it, but no malfuctions to date. It is my choice for everyday carry and duty.

Feedback Score

Damn it!

I thought this was a thread about the German WWII MP40/MP38 "Schmeisser"!

ToddG Guest
    The M&P40 is the softest shooting .40 I've handled. From everything I've seen, the reliability is excellent. I'm not aware of any durability issues, but neither am I aware of any specific testing past about 10k rounds (except by Smith themselves).

The M&P was designed originally as a .40, and therefore benefits from a sturdier design than many guns which began life as 9mm and had the larger, more violent cartridge shoehorned in.

I've put 16,627 rounds through my M&P9 in the past seven weeks or so, and with the exception of two maintenance-induced stoppages it's been flawless.

ToddG Guest
    Hmmm ... that's an interesting question.

I'm not a "fit and finish" guy. Either the gun works well (accurate, reliable, durable) or it doesn't. Mine is working. At the 10k mark, it was still shooting 2" at 25yd. I'll do another accuracy test when I hit 20k, which should be soon. The gun goes bang when I pull the trigger.

There are some obvious wear spots, but nothing that stands out to me as unusual for a gun with this round count.

Feedback Score

I have a M&P .40 and a 3rd gen. G19, I'm more accurate with G19, but it's more uncomfortable to shoot after 100 rounds or so. The M&P .40 was shooting low and left when I first purchased it. Going from the Glock to the M&P when shooting will take some adjustment on your part.The M&P is way more comfortable and shooting the .40 in the M&P platform with a 180 gr bullet is about the same in a 9mm Glock. Get a pack of snap caps to dry fire.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ampfizo View Post
    anyone have experience with them???just picked one up and havent got any range time yet...

have a g17 and so far the mp 40 has the glock beat as far as hand comfort goes..

so your thought or reccomendation is appericated
    An MP 40? Awesome!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast