Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: BCM getting into the AR PISTOL game?

Feedback Score
    ★BCM CQB Pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BCM getting into the AR PISTOL game?

Holy crap...

Was helping a friend put a Sig brace on. Tight as hell on a spikes lower and unknown pistol RE. Wish I knew witch RE it was. It's not a huge one, but I would like it on the one for my pistol build in progress. I literally had to muzzle down the upper and push the shit out of it. I think I'm going to like this...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Press Check View Post
    I used a rubber mallet, and tapped the brace on. Ok, tapped is an understatement. I had to beat it on there.

I replaced the BCM castle nut and end plate with V7 components, which meant removing the brace I installed with hairspray. I put the receiver in a vise, and broke the bond by twisting the brace.
    Beat for sure. I'm sure my face turned purple, cause brother, I was fighting this thing.

I'm satisfied that it's to German spec.

ETA: That BCM pistol of yours is gorgeous.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 12-11-14 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just about finished this build (still waiting on BUIS and WML) using the BCM pistol extension and Sig SBX brace. Some baby powder and a heat gun and it slid on without any major effort. This replaced a KAK Super Sig tube which was way too long for my liking. The BCM puts the brace in line with a fully collapsed carbine stock.

It should be noted that with the brace on this extension the QD endplate cannot be used, there is not enough space. I will be replacing the endplate with something like the Troy unit which puts the attachment point at the side where it is readily accessible.

AR pistol.jpg
    Last edited by buckshot1220; 12-20-14 at 22:03.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1220 View Post
    I just about finished this build (still waiting on BUIS and WML) using the BCM pistol extension and Sig SBX brace. Some baby powder and a heat gun and it slid on without any major effort. This replaced a KAK Super Sig tube which was way too long for my liking. The BCM puts the brace in line with a fully collapsed carbine stock.

It should be noted that with the brace on this extension the QD endplate cannot be used, there is not enough space. I will be replacing the endplate with something like the Troy unit which puts the attachment point at the side where it is readily accessible.

AR pistol.jpg
    I just backed the brace up enough to clear the BCM QD socket, mounted the swivel, and pushed the brace about half a nut fuzz away from the swivel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    I just backed the brace up enough to clear the BCM QD socket, mounted the swivel, and pushed the brace about half a nut fuzz away from the swivel.
    Same here, but used more than a nut fuzz of clearance, LOL.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    I guess there is money to be made.

Has he been using just the tube or with a stabilizing brace?
    AR pistols suck like a vacuum cleaner .

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    That's twice now you've made comments no one cares about.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Sure, because having a lawful reason (albeit unconstitutional to start with) to keep a functional short barreled upper in safe is such a terrible compromise.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910