Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1-4 optic issue

Feedback Score

1-4 optic issue

Wanting to put a 1-4 optic on my ar, and have run into a issue which makes me go huuummmm....
    Have been looking at the Burris MTAC, Leupold VX R Patrol, and the Vortex PST 1-4's.
    I have got to look through all and have come across a issue with the PST.
    While on 1X looking with both eyes open, I can pic up the reticle and target with the MTAC and VX R, but the PST I can't see the reticle well enough to use it for (best description) CQB shooting. I can see the Burris and Leupold's fine, the reticles are similar so what gives with the PST? Can anyone explain that to me?

Feedback Score
    140 views and no suggestions?

Feedback Score
    Eotech EXPS3
    RANGE TIME on Facebook
    RANGE TIME on Instagram
    RANGE TIME on Twitter
    NRA Life Member/RSO

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Check out my review on the vxr on my blog.

It really depends on what you want the optic to do for you.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Sounds like a focus issue. The eyepiece needs to be adjusted for your vision.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    +1 on the focus. I have a 1-4 PST and have had no issues seeing the reticle at 1x.
    Justin

Feedback Score
    I could see it fine with one eye closed, but going both eyes open is what gave me they trouble. The leupold. And Burris didn't either way.....

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've got the Vortex scope but don't have that issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton225 View Post
    Wanting to put a 1-4 optic on my ar, and have run into a issue which makes me go huuummmm....
    Have been looking at the Burris MTAC, Leupold VX R Patrol, and the Vortex PST 1-4's.
    I have got to look through all and have come across a issue with the PST.
    While on 1X looking with both eyes open, I can pic up the reticle and target with the MTAC and VX R, but the PST I can't see the reticle well enough to use it for (best description) CQB shooting. I can see the Burris and Leupold's fine, the reticles are similar so what gives with the PST? Can anyone explain that to me?
    What exactly do you mean with the bolded part above? Is it fuzzy with both eyes open? Can you not see it at all? Did you have the illumination turned on? Did you look through them actually mounted on a gun with the proper eye relief? I have the vortex as well and have no issues with both eyes open.

Feedback Score
    Holding in hand away far enough that all is in focus with one eye shut and not illuminated. I can see what I'm looking at with both eyes, but the reticle is not distinct enough for me to shoot that way. One eye closed yes, not with both open. Does not happen with the leupold or burris including them not being illumanted. Can't explain it that's why I asked to see if anyone else has heard anything similar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast