Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOTACHTACTICAL.COM

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Thumbs down BOTACHTACTICAL.COM

Well after ordering more than a month ago I finally got shipping notice...minus the vest I wanted...but they did send me the pouches...which are now meaningless. Since ordering I've called them about a dozen times as well as sent a dozen emails inquiring as to status and EXPLICITLY stating that if anything was backordered/unavailable I needed to know. NO ONE ever got back to me...or even offered an alternative.

I've had trouble with them for a while now, and this is the third CONSECUTIVE order they've messed up or deliberately fudged. You may have ordered $13 Glock mags that never showed. Their prices are competitive, but all in all their service is worthless.

Essentially their practices are bait-and-switch in appearance if not in practice...don't waste your time...it's not worth the hassle.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I'm sorry you had to find out the hard way about BoTach but they have a pretty bad rep. For every person that has a "great experience" with them it seems 10 don't.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    This is true. While Botach has some fantastic prices, their customer service is inconsistent at best. I had purchased thousands of dollars worth of equipment from them over the years.

And then after weeks of waiting for the backorder, they finally said they were not getting the items.

But they didn't want to refund me right away, either. Botach charges you when the order is placed, instead of when it ships -- which is fine, if they actually get the product in from backorder.

I filed two Better Business Bureau complaints against them for failing to refund my money after three requests, including two personal phone calls.

Their BBB rating was already a D, and know they have an F. They eventually refunded the money.

Caveat emptor
    Battle Comp Enterprises, LLC
    World Class Tactical Compensators
    California Legal Compensators
    100% American Made
    www.battlecomp.com
    sales@battlecomp.com
    (650) 678-0778

1 Samuel 17:49 / Romans 13: 1-4 / Isaiah 6:8 / Psalms 144:1 / Matthew 12:30

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    BBB is great for showing reputable companies but do little to solve problems.

I think I'll file a complaint with the California Attorney General's Office.

Feedback Score
    The secret that I've found with Botach is that if the item is in stock then you are golden. If it is not in stock, you are basically hosed until they get it in stock. Eventually they will contact you but it might be six months later. There is no indication on the website of what is in stock and what is not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I ordered a $15 part from Botach. My thoughts???

Friends don't let friends go botach?

Just say no?

Walk, do not run to the nearest exit?

You would be happier with herpes?

Bo don't know jack?

Jesus loves Botach, but wouldn't shop there if the stuff was free?

Caveat emptor?

Stupid is as stupid does, sir?

Feedback Score
    I had a not so painful experience by calling ahead and verfying the items I was after were in stock.

Navigating their website blows.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar 319 View Post
    I had a not so painful experience by calling ahead and verfying the items I was after were in stock.

Navigating their website blows.
    I'm sure that helps.

I literally called dozens of times and left at least 10 messages.

Not a word in reply.

Feedback Score
    I wish I had known about the bad rep they had before I ordered from them.

About 3 months ago I ordered some mags for my new Glock 21SF. I specifically asked them to make sure they are the new style mags since my pistol has the ambi mag catch and the older mags will not work. They assured me that they had the new style mags, and that's what I would get.

Well, when the package arrived, I opened it to find that not only were the mags not the new style for the ambi mag catch, but they weren't even Glock 21 mags! I couldn't believe they sent me Glock 23 mags! I verified on the invoice that I did indeed order Glock 21, not 23 mags.

It took several tries before I was able to contact anyone at Botach, and when I did, the attitude was like "So, what's the difference?" I tried my best to remain calm, and explain to them the difference. Finally, they agreed to send me the correct mags along with a return shipping label so I could return the G23 mags.

When I got the new package I was very relieved to find that they sent the correct mags this time. I was half expecting some more G23 mags!

So, even though it worked out OK, it was a hassle that I'd rather not deal with, and I won't be doing business with them again, no matter how good thier prices seem.

Feedback Score

Great Experience

Well, I just took a chance, and was rewarded with a fantastic experience. I ordered on Thursday, received on Saturday. My order was for some GG&G items, batteries, and Cold Steel products. I got an "order has shipped" email with UPS tracking from them within minutes of placing my order. Everything was perfect!
    "If I must choose between peace and righteousness, I choose righteousness" - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast