Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BOTACHTACTICAL.COM

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Hmmmm...curiouser and curiouser.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice....

Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    ...I've had trouble with them for a while now, and this is the third CONSECUTIVE order they've messed up or deliberately fudged...
    3rd consecutive? Bit of a masochist are you?

Far in the past I ordered from them once and had absolutely no problems with anything. However, when on nearly every forum involving gear people have complained about how horrible they are...?

This is something loosely referred to as a clue.

Good luck getting any kind of resolution out them.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGhost View Post
    3rd consecutive? Bit of a masochist are you?

Far in the past I ordered from them once and had absolutely no problems with anything. However, when on nearly every forum involving gear people have complained about how horrible they are...?

This is something loosely referred to as a clue.

Good luck getting any kind of resolution out them.
    I had placed three orders over the course of two weeks. When the problems became glaring I tried to call and confirm/cancel the others...to no avail.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Personally, I've never had a problem, though I don't really use Botach as a primary supplier for hard-use deployment kit; that said, I've often wondered: what kind of name is "Bar-Kochba Botach," anyway? I'm not so insular as to take issue with whatever the answer might be, but every time I see that name on the Customs slip, I have to just scratch my head a bit.

Chief
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    Personally, I've never had a problem, though I don't really use Botach as a primary supplier for hard-use deployment kit; that said, I've often wondered: what kind of name is "Bar-Kochba Botach," anyway? I'm not so insular as to take issue with whatever the answer might be, but every time I see that name on the Customs slip, I have to just scratch my head a bit.

Chief
    Don't know if ya'll read this before, but found an interesting article here. You may wish to scroll down to the subheading An Ambitious Company.

Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermodyn View Post
    No effort was made to contact me, to ask if a "substitution" was OK.
    Count yourself lucky. The ONE time I ordered from them, I spent 3 months waiting and made at least 6 phone calls to Botach, never once speaking to anyone with adequate English language skills.
    And I finally ended up cancelling the order. No amount of discount is worth the BS they will put you through.
    Order from one of the site sponsors here, and you can do so with confidence in what you order & that it will arrive in a timely manner. Ordering from Botach is like kicking yourself in the nuts.
    "There is no David 14 on the computer."

Feedback Score
    Well, I got an email from said company this morning asking for my credit card number again and saying that my order that I place back in May 1 is finally ready to be shipped.

Good thing I'm not going to respond. . .or do any business with them anymore.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    They are Israeli. What's really funny is the location and "storefront". It is down in the hood and it's a rough area. I had no idea until I actually got there. The storefront is actually says pawnshop on it and it has large bars all over the windows. You can only get access with a MIL/ GOV or LE ID card. The guy that greeted me at the door was packing as well as a few others. Their walk in gun vault is unreal and I never realized that there were so many Class III and assault style weapons in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post

Chief
    Last edited by VA_Dinger; 03-30-09 at 04:33.

Feedback Score
    I've ordered from them over a dozen times and always got exactly what I ordered and on time, footware and gear, no gun stuff. The one time that an item was no longer in stock they contacted me by phone and email to inform me of status. They have always been good. I guess I will keep ordering from them in the future. As far as the "bad" company's go, Botach and DBT, I've never had an order go bad. In fact the only time I had anything go sour was a couple of orders from Lightfighter(pre-ATS). I'm still reluctant to do business with them.

Maybe I'm just lucky?????? Kinda doubt it.
    S/F

Al

"Hold on to your hate, it helps you stay focused"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Al U. 5811 View Post
    Maybe I'm just lucky?????? Kinda doubt it.
    Google says otherwise.

I ordered some 5.11 boots a few years ago. A month or so before the SHOT Show, where I had wanted to wear them. 3-4 months later, though they had charged my card, I had not gotten the boots. They were not replying to my inquiries at all. Finally I complained through their local BBB and the boots showed up.

That is not my only problem -- though I did get most of the stuff, I had ordered some stuff during their Blackwater Gear closeout 2 months ago and it took a month for them to ship, they never replied to my inquiries, and some of the stuff did not ship but they never contacted me about it.

10 years ago I ordered $500 worth of stuff (utility tool, flashlights, etc) and they shipped me like $50 worth of stuff in a small box that was not even big enough to hold all the stuff I ordered. But they did charge me the full $500. After much trying, I finally got someone on the phone and asked about the stuff. They said they had shipped it and gave me the tracking number of the box that I had received already, that was really small and too small for all the stuff I had ordered. They did nothing about it and I had to complain to AMEX about it. They gave me the money back.

I recently ordered some batteries. They shipped a different brand -- one that I would not have paid the per battery cost for. No explanation. No contact. No asking permission to exchange brands.

I avoid them but occasionally they have a closeout or something that is "too good to ignore" and I try again. Maybe I am just a masochist.

They even called me like 6-8 months ago asking for me to give them another chance (after I had complained to Yahoo, who hosts their store, about them). They claimed to have changed. Not really. I have not seen it.

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast