Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frustration with Kriss USA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    FWIW, I have been in training classes several times with guys running the VECTOR and they routinely have problems with it failing to feel, or eject, or extract.....it's a cool toy, but I would not sink money into it as any sort of reliable investment.
    this. mine is a piece of crap

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    Has anyone else had trouble dealing with Kriss while registering and converting the carbine to an SBR? My buddy was told by them to cut the barrel down with a hacksaw once he received the stamp. Then after he cut the barrel down, send it to Kriss to remove and install a new barrel for $450!!!? He informed to me today that Kriss then told him that thennegraving he had done was not sufficient because it was in polymer. I was very interested in purchasing a Kriss but now I can honestly say I'd rather go any other route. What are your experiences with the company and their products?
    Old old thread but came across this as I am interested in doing the SBR conversion through them. Main reason is the SDP barrel is 17mm throughout while the CRB is 17mm to the set screw point (20mm) and then 15.2 mm throughout.

The engraving has to be done on the metal due to the ATF requirement that it can't easily be removed. The actual receiver of the Kriss Vector is steel under the polymer cover. They want you to cut the barrel because with your approved form 1 you are the maker and are just sending in the SBR for repair when they replace the barrel.

A Form 4 SBR purchase is the simplest route but you are waiting 9 months or longer.

BTW my Gen 2 9mm CRB made March 2023 runs like a sewing machine with CCI Blazer 11gr FMJ aluminum case as well as 147gr JHP. I used TW25B on all moving parts instead of oil

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123