Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frustration with Kriss USA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm in the process of doing the same thing right now. I had 2 choices. Engrave, send for paperwork, cut barrel then send to them or just send them the whole thing and let them do it all. I didn't want to do all the first choice so I just sent it in. I asked them why would anyone want to cut the barrel when KRISS can do everything for the same price. The lady on the phone said that some people didn't want to be without their rifle for that long. So I'm waiting for the ATF to ok KRISS to convert my rifle (3-9months) then it takes 2 weeks for the conversion. They send to my dealer and then I have to do my paperwork. At least this is how I took it. I'm just going to forget about it until it gets here
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I personally have purchased a kriss carbine and then had the factory turn it in to a sbr. If i remember right, it was in the 4-600$ range. I personally would have just had the barrel chopped and threaded, but the little pos had been so unreliable up that point that I didn't want to loose my factory warranty. I had already had to send it back to the factory once.

At the time (2010ish), the only way to keep the factory warranty was to go through their process. took over a year... had to file to make the sbr,file to transfer it to my dealer, then form 4 to me. Not worth it for a frivelous sbr that has been relegated to the back of the safe.

YMMV
    Last edited by GlocksInMySocks; 09-02-14 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The problem with having it threaded is that you need to take the barrel out to put it in a lathe. Kriss has the barrel pinned in the gun so much that it is virtually impossible to get out by anyone but them. I called all over the country. I agree, not worth what I have been dealing with.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Just talked to Kriss today and found out it's $500 to convert to SBR!! I'm probably better off selling my current Kriss and getting a SBR on a form 4...

Feedback Score
    Does KRISS not sell factory built SBR's?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Does KRISS not sell factory built SBR's?
    They do, but I already have the full length one but want the SBR as I just moved to a state where you can have them. $500 for the conversion seems ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    FWIW, I have been in training classes several times with guys running the VECTOR and they routinely have problems with it failing to feel, or eject, or extract.....it's a cool toy, but I would not sink money into it as any sort of reliable investment.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You also have to factor in the type of ammo, mags, etc that they were using. I haven't had a single issue with mine. The Vector really shines as an SBR and that's why I spent the money to convert it
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram

Feedback Score
    27 (97%)
    Just sharing what I have personally witnessed enough times to lose confidence in it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Just sharing what I have personally witnessed enough times to lose confidence in it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Completely understand
    Follow me on Flickr
    Follow me on Instagram

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast