Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ***DO NOT GIFT FUNDS ON PAYPAL***

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Paypal facilitates funds transfers between individuals the same way credit card companies do between customers and merchants. Both charge the same fee and offer protections. IMO, skirting the fee by using a friends discount is stealing and if you get burned you deserve no protection. To say those suppliers can afford it is no better than loading up your cart when the EBT card is on the fritz and saying the store owner is rich, he can afford it. Paypal, funded by a cc and using goods and services is as safe as anything we have.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Bumping this back up because it's important not to get caught up in wanting a PP gift sent to you....
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A forum user has pointed out that PayPal changed their terminology on their site and app.

Now referred to as "Send Money to Friends & Family" or Simply "Friends & Family". In some cases this seems to be the default way the system or app wants to send funds. Don't do it.

"Friends & Family" is the old "gifting". No protection. None. Zero. In fact, if you tell paypal you sent it that way to some stranger from a gun forum, you are likely to have your account locked for violating their ToS, and dealing in gun parts. Then they will circular file your complaint that the stranger absconded with your cash.

"I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Looks like in the last week three people got burned by not following this simple advice. Maybe they didn't see it. Paypal gifting requests from sellers, you do not know, has been TIME TESTED and PROVEN to be a scam artist's tool.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789