Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ***DO NOT GIFT FUNDS ON PAYPAL***

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Bump. Set. Spike.
    Thanks for bumping this back up. Personally I would like to see it pasted into the EE rules. Other (non firearms related) forums I buy/sell on generally specify this in the rules.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Bump. Set. Spike.
    I have a question, so that I don't get banned. Can I say in my FS post "send payment as paypal gift or you cover the fees"? Is that permitted or is that asking for a ban?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was unclear?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Isn't it against paypal rules to have the buyer cover the fees?
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Isn't it against paypal rules to have the buyer cover the fees?
    I believe you are correct.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Why don't people understand the 'No gift' statement? If this was my forum, I would ban all PayPal. Forum may be headed that direction anyways since people can't quite seem to grasp a simple command.

Stop being impacient twats.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Why don't people understand the 'No gift' statement? If this was my forum, I would ban all PayPal. Forum may be headed that direction anyways since people can't quite seem to grasp a simple command.

Stop being impacient twats.
    Impatient? As in, I should wait a week for a money order? No thanks.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Last edited by South; 09-19-15 at 01:58.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    I get that. I sell a lot of gear on this site and many others, paypal is great because the money changes hands almost instantly. I will say that I would never gift funds unless I really trusted the seller. I have sold a ton of gear/firearms, only had an issue once, which was not my fault, and it was resolved fairly quickly. I understand a lot of guys actually use PP, but if I ever sell something and the funds go through there, I transfer them to my bank, so it takes a few days for me to actually have access to them anyway. Overall, I wish there was a service like PP, but one that I felt safe using for firearms instead. I know that there have been some attempts, but nothing has really taken off yet.
    I know of PistolPay but I've never used it myself.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    Impatient? As in, I should wait a week for a money order? No thanks.
    Thanks for the spelling correction. Yes, Impatient.

Keep funding, not to mention give access to your bank account, to an Anti-2A money changer.

Sell it local then, face to face. Oh wait, that could possibly take longer. Impatient.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast