Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC vs OPS Inc.

Feedback Score

AAC vs OPS Inc.

I have heard the AAC M42K cans and the sound is very impressive, my question is are the OPS suppressors really that much more quiet, or does everyone like them because of the tension mount? I could care less about the attachment system as my cans are not for precision purposes, mostly SBR applications and just wanted to know why all the hatred for the AAC cans?

Feedback Score
    Who hates AAC cans?

Feedback Score
    OK, maybe hate is a little strong, but it seems that AAC has turned into a 4 letter word on most of the gun sites, and I was wondering why all the bad press, I mean what makes OPS sooooooooooooo much better besides the mount?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark31
    OK, maybe hate is a little strong, but it seems that AAC has turned into a 4 letter word on most of the gun sites, and I was wondering why all the bad press, I mean what makes OPS sooooooooooooo much better besides the mount?
    The attitude of the ownership.

Feedback Score
    The AAC M4-2000 mount is good, reliable and easy to use. Some people, myself included, got a little concerned about how the retaining spring on the M4-2000 would come to rest "on a ridge and not in a valley." AAC told me just to turn the can backwards until I get to the first valley and all would be well - they were right.

As for the bad press, some people didn't like some of the responses posted by the owner on some of the boards... Unfortunately, his customer skills aren't always as good as his silencer building skills - but that's why they hired Freddy and HE IS THE MAN when it comes to taking care of customer problems. AAC products and customer service are G2G.

Feedback Score
    Pick the one you think is "cooler", and will look better on your carbine. Both are built stong enough to withstand anything a person paying for a $200 stamp to own will ever do with a suppressed weapon. - (only an idiot will run beta mags through a 7.5" M16)

If you are running a SBR - I'd go with OPS because the brake will take the abuse instead of the blast baffle, and it offers a shorter OAL.

If you get a group of people together to hear both (I have a few times)
    most wont be able to tell a SCAR-SD from a 14th model, or a M4-2000 from a 15th model.

I like AAC and OPS. I have nothing bad to say about either product.

Feedback Score
    I have heard the AAC M42K cans and the sound is very impressive, my question is are the OPS suppressors really that much more quiet, or does everyone like them because of the tension mount? I could care less about the attachment system as my cans are not for precision purposes, mostly SBR applications and just wanted to know why all the hatred for the AAC cans?

The M4-2000 is quieter. The accuracy and zero-shift are excellent with the M4-2000.

What hatred? They seem to sell very well.

Feedback Score
    I would think that the mount is one of the few points of the Ops, Inc. silencer. Our mount was selected in two recent military tests. It has prove to be an excellent mounting option.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin/aac
    The M4-2000 is quieter. The accuracy and zero-shift are excellent with the M4-2000.

What hatred? They seem to sell very well.
    I know, my dad just got his ranger and I should have my M4-2000 6.8 paperwork back any day now. I guess I just wanted to know what all the hype about the OPS cans was about. I'm a heavy handed, clumbsy, and impatient grunt at heart and while I do like the tensioning of the OPS mount, I can forsee two things happening if I bought an OPS can:
    1. I would somehow lose the thread protector and mess the threads up by treating my rifles like they were designed to be treated (like crap)
    2. I would either over torque the can and once again ruin the threads, or under torque the can and have a baffle strike

I was able to get my hands on your (AAC) SOPMOD mounts and they bring the can back over the barrel just like the OPS can, so the overall length thing is a mute point with me as my 10.5 inch barrel and 7" can bring the total length to right at 16", and even less than that with the SCAR SD. I also think that I prefer this mount because of how "joe-proof" it is, if I screw up an AAC mount, I'm pretty sure that I screwed up my rifle too, the acme threads are pretty bomb proof.

I guess that I just wanted to do my homework before I bought a 5.56 can because I really just wanted the quietest, which you say is yours, so unless someone can tell me otherwise, I guess I'll go for another M42000, this one in 5.56 instead of 6.8. *****unless you want to sell me a S2R *****

Feedback Score
    I can forsee two things happening if I bought an OPS can:
    1. I would somehow lose the thread protector and mess the threads up by treating my rifles like they were designed to be treated (like crap)
    2. I would either over torque the can and once again ruin the threads, or under torque the can and have a baffle strike

no one arent going to mess up the threads if they lose the thread protector, and you cannot over torque enough to even think about damaging the threads or under torque enough to cause a baffle strike.

I doubt anyone treats their carbines worse than I do mine(I lost my thread protector the day I screwed the brake on), and I highly doubt they treat them any worse than the .mil groups who have been running OPS cans for the last 20 years.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast