Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AAC vs OPS Inc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin/aac
    The M4-2000 is quieter.
    You must have damn good ears. I've demoed them together many times and no one yet said one was louder than the other.

The neat demo is the 15th on a 7.5" next to a SCAR-SD on a 14.5" barrel. Again, you can't tell them apart.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    You must have damn good ears. I've demoed them together many times and no one yet said one was louder than the other.

The neat demo is the 15th on a 7.5" next to a SCAR-SD on a 14.5" barrel. Again, you can't tell them apart.

Yes, the Ops, Inc. silencer is pretty good and the sound is close. We use proper instrumentation for sound measurement. There are too many variables with using the "ear," hearing loss, distance for muzzle and ejection port, etc.

Are 7.5" 5.56mm barrels becoming popular? I have never even seen one...

Feedback Score
    Yes, the Ops, Inc. silencer is pretty good and the sound is close. We use proper instrumentation for sound measurement. There are too many variables with using the "ear," hearing loss, distance for muzzle and ejection port, etc.

Are 7.5" 5.56mm barrels becoming popular? I have never even seen one...

"proper instrumentation" may look nice in a bid for a fancy contract, but form 4 customers usually let their ears determine what they can tell apart.

But since you have the numbers - How close are they?

I doubt 7.5" ARs will ever be popular, they are worthless IMO as a weapon, and nothing more than a fun range toy. Un suppressed, I dont even like being around them - no fun at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The numbers game only works IF you have the same equipment - same direction and distance - same weapons -- and realistically about the same time so you guarantee atmopherics etc.

I have seen a lot of "fun with numbers" with some suppressor companies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    The numbers game only works IF you have the same equipment - same direction and distance - same weapons -- and realistically about the same time so you guarantee atmopherics etc.

I have seen a lot of "fun with numbers" with some suppressor companies.

Yup, there is usually a whole lot of disappointment any time I get a group together to hear different suppressors. Its next to impossible for most people tell the good ones apart from another.

Kevin,
    In your travels...
    I know the Canadians have all kinds of OPS cans. Have you ever heard of any issues regarding user problems with the mounting system?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbore
    Yup, there is usually a whole lot of disappointment any time I get a group together to hear different suppressors. Its next to impossible for most people tell the good ones apart from another.

Kevin,
    In your travels...
    I know the Canadians have all kinds of OPS cans. Have you ever heard of any issues regarding user problems with the mounting system?
    Just that the barrel mod. is a PITA, and that it is not fast-attach.

We just use Mil-Std for sound testing.

Feedback Score
    Just that the barrel mod. is a PITA, and that it is not fast-attach.

We just use Mil-Std for sound testing.
    My bad, the Canadian Q was for KevinB

Kevin/aac - what were the numbers you got when comparing the 15th to the M4-2K?

Feedback Score
    I am quite interested in seeing anyone's numbers. I don't consider them gospel, in fact, I'll always consider the source. But it seems a few years ago everyone posted numbers, now no one does. Could it be because, between the Big Boys, the difference is negligible? Could it be that one may attenuate sound better, in general, however produce a frequency more easily audible, or recognizable to the human ear? Lower frequencies carry and are non directional, whilst higher frequencies are short lived, and all-too directional. If I have to engage someone from distance, I know they'll hear me, but will they be able to pinpoint me?

Because humans fire small arms at humans, not at multimillion dollar sound equipment, I will always look to a human to tell me what he heard, and thought.

Bear in mind, I am not a warrior by trade, and I don't decide RFPs. I'm a businessman, CO, and a soccer coach.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubb-1
    I am quite interested in seeing anyone's numbers. I don't consider them gospel, in fact, I'll always consider the source. But it seems a few years ago everyone posted numbers, now no one does. Could it be because, between the Big Boys, the difference is negligible? Could it be that one may attenuate sound better, in general, however produce a frequency more easily audible, or recognizable to the human ear? Lower frequencies carry and are non directional, whilst higher frequencies are short lived, and all-too directional. If I have to engage someone from distance, I know they'll hear me, but will they be able to pinpoint me?

Because humans fire small arms at humans, not at multimillion dollar sound equipment, I will always look to a human to tell me what he heard, and thought.

Bear in mind, I am not a warrior by trade, and I don't decide RFPs. I'm a businessman, CO, and a soccer coach.
    "Insert Nelson Muntz laugh" "Soccer Mom" Just joking man.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    You'll be the first in line to buy my "Soccer Moms Gone Wild" video, won't you?!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast