Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: best sling option

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserkr556 View Post
    Never mind the video won't embed. Man it would be great to be able to delete our own posts.

If you watch the youtube video Way Of The Gun (WOTG) Gun Sling by SuperSetCA Frank explains why the front attachment point for the sling is better.
    Watched the video . I understand his viewpoint .

I'll have to give it a try once I've switched to a new rail .

Thanks for the vid recommendation .

A picture is worth a thousand words and a video
    contains a LOT of pictures .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrasks View Post
    Watched the video . I understand his viewpoint .

I'll have to give it a try once I've switched to a new rail .

Thanks for the vid recommendation .

A picture is worth a thousand words and a video
    contains a LOT of pictures .
    Agreed.

I'm tempted to order one of those slings right now, it seems rather versatile esp with that attachment system. Not having loose material hanging off to tape down would be nice...and I may even have to try the two farthest points attachment method again, that on-back stowage looked really handy.

Feedback Score
    This is a cross post from the AR pistol forum: is it possible/plausible to attach the front end of a VTAC to the angled portion of the Magpul AFG? I have a Samson Evo 9" rail on a 10.5" barrel. I can get a Samson QD mount, of course, but if I don't have to buy another piece of hardware to mount the sling, so much the better.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Is there a name for the metal piece that connects the sling to the 550 cord?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Never change, M4C... Ive been on the DIY bandwagon for years, but its fairly lonely here. Dont really understand why.

Most used sling: Type III 55301 webbing, double-sided solution-dyed Kryptek Nomad, ITW steel oval slides, 1" steel ring, 1" ITW MASH Hooks, burned ends. There are no plastic components in this sling. There are no moving parts in this sling. The attachments cannot fail due to twisting. It cost around half of what any sling listed in this thread cost and that included much more webbing for other projects. It took about ten minutes to make using trauma shears, a lighter and half a beer. There are downsides: It cannot be rapidly adjusted. This is ideal for my carrying/shooting style, but I guess you could add whatever hardware you want to yours... After years of experimenting with various triglides and Cobra buckles and quick release shackles and crazy doodads, I find this simplicity is best. For me, at least. My 0.02. I may replace the ring down the road with a milled, Cerakoted Ti component.

Sling1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pax; 09-15-14 at 23:32. Reason: Doubletap

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    Never change, M4C... Ive been on the DIY bandwagon for years, but its fairly lonely here. Dont really understand why.

Most used sling: Type III 55301 webbing, double-sided solution-dyed Kryptek Nomad, ITW steel oval slides, 1" steel ring, 1" ITW MASH Hooks, burned ends. There are no plastic components in this sling. There are no moving parts in this sling. The attachments cannot fail due to twisting. It cost around half of what any sling listed in this thread cost and that included much more webbing for other projects. It took about ten minutes to make using trauma shears, a lighter and half a beer. There are downsides: It cannot be rapidly adjusted. This is ideal for my carrying/shooting style, but I guess you could add whatever hardware you want to yours... After years of experimenting with various triglides and Cobra buckles and quick release shackles and crazy doodads, I find this simplicity is best. For me, at least. My 0.02. I may replace the ring down the road with a milled, Cerakoted Ti component.

Sling1.jpg
    looks good

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have any experience with the S.O. Tech Survival sling? I'm curious about how much length adjustment it has.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Good sling option for not a lot of money: https://www.redi-mag.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=11

Feedback Score
    I have a Troy padded sling. Love it.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast