Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: You ideas for a "man purse"

Feedback Score

You ideas for a "man purse"

There, I said it.

I have wireless access for a couple of days, and what better way to use it than this! Give me some suggestions for a laptop/travel bag that is simple, a few pockets, can be lugged around airports all over the planet and is good quality.

The "issue" bags are currently either grossly oversized, business type rigs or the Sandbag from Oakley...

That thing is a tad too ghey for me to tell the truth

So... what say you guys? Any ideas at all?
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    My personal opinion is that if this is going to be used for travel in a civilian populations then a small mountaineering pack would blend in and hold your gear. I don't care for camo because you stick out like a sore thumb(khaki is ok). I tried the whole single shoulder strap pack and couldn't get used to it plus they all look ghey (as you said).

You've been around for a while so I'm sure you know the usual suspects for mountaineering gear.

Feedback Score
    Considering my age, the most discreet way for me to travel would be with a backpack.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Personally, I really like using a Camelbak Motherlode. Has an internal slot that fits most notebooks perfectly and does not look out of place in airports and such. Still using the one I picked up 2 or 3 years ago. Been on too many flights to Houston and Sacramento and has stood the test of time. Fairly reasonably priced as well.

Giff
    Gifford Holmquist

Owner
    Amendment Arms

Feedback Score
    Does it have to be from a "Tactical" Nylon company? As stated above I also don't care for camo or any molle stuff when I'm traveling. I've used a U.S. Luggage bag called the "Two-tone Polyester Messenger Bag" for several years now. It is a one-strap bag, however they have all types and sizes. Not sure if they're made in the US, I figure they would have said that on their "About us" page if it were true.

Just another idea for the list.

Feedback Score
    Personally, I’m getting materials and skills together to sew my own version of a man-purse. (I know, it’s worse than even saying man purse) I haven’t found anything that suits my needs as a do everything bag. It will be about the size of and look similar to a claymore bag but with more features. Not too big, not too small.

If it has to be tactical nylon, and you can’t find anything, you might want to contact EGG, I think that he can put anything together for you.

That’s the first time I’ve seen that Oakley bag, if you ditched the exterior pockets, it might look a little better to me.

Feedback Score
    I happen to spend an inordinate amount of time in airports across the country and camouflage like ACU and desert Marpat are popping up everywhere on backpacks and "Murses". There are tons of Soldiers and Marines traveling on leave. There are many former military members that carry that type of gear because it is comfortable or at least familiar to them and finally and most appropriately society has reached a point where it is ok to emulate the courageous members of our military service. My twin 10 year old daughters wear camo to school on occasion. So if you want to sport some camo get on down with you bad self and consider yourself en vogue.

My personal opinion is more along the line of what brother Nitrox has said. Finding good gear in an earth tone with a sporty designer tag is an easy mission. I am packing my gear for a hiking trip to Colorado that starts tomorrow. I have green and khaki hiking gear spread out all over my house. Believe me when I say there is plenty of stuff available. Check out the Monsoon gearslinger made by Maxpedition. It looks like it would make a great "Murse"

Dave

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the ideas... I think I found a solution last night.

I am not at all against camo/marpat/thispat/khaki/thatpat/hellokitty bags, but really try to not stand out too much. If you are OTA anymore, it is not easy and five huge pelican cases as check baggage does not help.

Anyway, I think I am on track with what I need.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis
    Thanks for the ideas... I think I found a solution last night.

I am not at all against camo/marpat/thispat/khaki/thatpat/hellokitty bags, but really try to not stand out too much. If you are OTA anymore, it is not easy and five huge pelican cases as check baggage does not help.

Anyway, I think I am on track with what I need.
    Not so fast, K.L.! You can't just tell us you found a nice purse that matches your dress without telling us what you got...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm waiting for this to come out, but I'd like to hear what solution you came to.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast