Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no more posting of links to sales in the Where Can I Find It thread?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Why no more posting of links to sales in the Where Can I Find It thread?

Since the actual thread is no place for asking this question, I bring it here. Why all of a sudden is it not ok to post sale links to other sites in the Where Can I Find It thread? I understand that this was not the original intention of the thread but it's been commonplace for awhile now. Why take the capability of finding deals away from members of this site?

The mention of it driving sponsors away seems pretty ridiculous seeing as how the sponsor turnover ratio here appears to be nil. Not sure how an insignificant "in stock" thread would harm any of the vendors here in any way. There are plenty of sellers out there who reward their customers that pay full price year round with occasional chances to buy discounted goods. Including several vendors here that do an awesome job of that. What's the harm here?

If I recall correctly there have been sale threads started in the past, by a mod if I'm not mistaken, to avoid clogging up the where can I get it thread. Is this still an option?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just posted a deal for ammo in the deals thread and it got deleted...

From what I have read about this site around the internet, I'm really surprised that the deals thread didn't start out this way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShermanM4 View Post
    I just posted a deal for ammo in the deals thread and it got deleted...

From what I have read about this site around the internet, I'm really surprised that the deals thread didn't start out this way.
    Who was the vender?
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Who was the vender?
    PSA. I have made 10+ orders from them, only issue is it takes 10 days or so to get them.

Ok, they are not a site sponsor. I don't buy the "site sponsors make this site free" argument.

Sounds kind of communist if you ask me.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    And that doesn't make sense to me. If there are dedicated sections here for vendor questions and inquiries, why is the where can I get it thread turning into a vendor oriented thread?

Also don't understand why this vague and what appears to be a general "staff" account is being used to make these changes. If this were some honest decision to take the thread back to its origins of only asking and responding to "where can I get X" requests, and it isn't some sort of attempt to drum up business for a vendor here by removing links to better prices from companies that aren't vendors here, then why the anonymity of a general account? Who was it telling me to read the original post in the thread as if that were the sole reason behind this change?

Me personally, I don't appreciate being treated like some moronic rube with a billfold. Trying to put blinders on members and leading them to make purchases from vendors of this site only instead of those offering discounts is low down if that's the case. I don't know that it is, that's why I'm asking for clarification. Someone please tell me this isn't the case and I've got it all wrong. I'm all ears.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What I gather from this is only site sponsors will be able to post deals.

Prices are dropping big time on everything, guess its getting hard to compete.

I just won't be clicking on the communist thread anymore.

Feedback Score
    I will wait to hear from a mod/admin before I pass judgement. However, if what's being said is true (I can't seem to find my post regarding cheap PMags I made a few days ago), then at very least the thread title should be changed to "The Official Where Can I Get It From an M4C Sponsor Thread?"

Feedback Score
    I had a post regarding the bcm deal of free BCG's moved then deleted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShermanM4 View Post
    PSA. I have made 10+ orders from them, only issue is it takes 10 days or so to get them.

Ok, they are not a site sponsor. I don't buy the "site sponsors make this site free" argument.

Sounds kind of communist if you ask me.
    There is a link you had on like page 514 post 10280 linked to PSA, so i don't think that's the case. Did you contact a MOD stating your post is missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon167 View Post
    I will wait to hear from a mod/admin before I pass judgement. However, if what's being said is true (I can't seem to find my post regarding cheap PMags I made a few days ago), then at very least the thread title should be changed to "The Official Where Can I Get It From an M4C Sponsor Thread?"
    Your's about VP9 instock at Topgun is in there still from a few days ago
    It happens sometimes. I have seen people post in other threads that their post was deleted or lost and contacted a mod and some where found and some were lost in pony land
    Last edited by steyrman13; 08-28-14 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    I don't look through that tread very often, but I recall seeing a post about only responding to a specific item that was asked about; as opposed to just posting deals that become available. Maybe that is where the problem is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast