Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your favorite ACOG, and why?

Feedback Score
    nice. I didnt know they had a BDC chart for 6.8 on ACOG's yet.. I just really am waiting for a 6.5 ACOG it is one of the best rounds ever to come for an AR and im pretty sure the military will be moving to it within a few years.. the 6.8 is nice but not for anything long range I heard it is pretty good out to 200 or 300 yards but the 6.5 is good out to 1200 and in a 16" barrel will be good to about 800-1000, i mean its 1 moa at 600 yards.. a very kick ass round.. But I feel the 5.56 is still just as good as the 6.5 do to it being good for close and out to 1000yards..

Feedback Score
    I'm a big fan of the TA47-2. I tend to pick up the amber quickly and the 2x is a good comprimise between speed and detail.

Feedback Score
    I was just in the gun shop today and compared 4 optics the 4x ACOG TA31F the 3X TA33 and as for scopes I tryed the Mark 4 and the Short dot I have never had them lined up side by side I have used them all but never really got to do that and damn I really see why ACOG is the way to go.. I feel the black out you get with the short dot like other scope optics is alot worse then I thot when side by side with a ACOG.. The short dot is a good optic but not if you need speed.. and it was pretty much like the Mark 4 1-3 power.. I did like it thot and it was pretty bright but agian you need to always keep a good cheke weld and if you dont then u will lose the dot and it can really mess you up.. Out of all the Major selling ACOG's.. the TA31's,TA33's and the TA11's I find the TA31F and TA33 are your best bet.. The TA33 does not have so much of that cool ACOG look but so what.. It is one nice optic and the eye releif is very good if you where going to get an ACOG for your AR-10 that would be what you want.. as for a AR-15 (223) The TA31F has been working perfect for me since I got it.. There are alot of nice optics out there but when it comes to Speed, Durability and an overall good optic you just cannot beat the ACOG no matter what model.. I really think my next optic will be another TA31F or the TA33 and I liked the Amber I have never used an Amber ACOG and I would really like to try it at night.. anyway my last thoughts on the TA33 are you get the TA11 in a much smaller and lighter package and as for the TA31's.. you just cant beat em.. if you are a bench shooter or dont have to worry about speed then the Shortdot is still one of the top optics but for the price you mine as well get an accupoint and never have to worry about batterys.. another thing I would like to add is the BDC drop system on the ACOG's work very well on my TA31F it is within moa untill 600 yards.. the TA33 goes out to 6 rather then 800m but I never shot past 600m with my TA31F anyway so I dont think it is a prob..

Feedback Score
    if you are a bench shooter or dont have to worry about speed then the Shortdot is still one of the top optics but for the price you mine as well get an accupoint and never have to worry about batterys..
    uhhhhhh ... so 3x is faster than 1.1x at all ranges, even CQB? Also, if a Short Dot's battery dies, it still has a reticle. Also also, I don't know of any bench shooters who use Short Dots.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123