Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of officers off the job after actions during Ferguson protests.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

A couple of officers off the job after actions during Ferguson protests.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Being stupid is not entirely without consequences.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreg View Post
    A couple of officers off the job after actions during Ferguson riots.
    There, I fixed for ya.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Being stupid is not entirely without consequences.
    Under "Color of Law."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can't have fun on the job any more........

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This comes as no surprise. Social media has ruined many careers.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The first two idiots can go but I have a problem with this one.........

Jiminez said that Albers raising his weapon was “totally justifiable.” Prior to the camera turning on, Albers had had water and urine thrown at him, Jiminez said. He then saw three men with bandanas in the crowd, and one of them had a gun. He then heard gunshots, but not from that gun. So Albers raised his gun. The three men started running, and then a crowd of people with cameras raised saw him with the raised gun and came toward him. They were “a whole bunch of what you'd call citizen journalists, who were sitting with cameras recording, waiting for something stupid to happen, which they got. They won on this one.”

Jiminez explained that Albers got scared when the crowd got close to him. “That's why he used those words,” he said. That still doesn't make the choice of words excusable, said Jiminez.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Now where are all the "nothing will happen to those goons" people???? Where are they now????

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    The first two idiots can go but I have a problem with this one.........
    Respectfully, I disagree, to a point. There was definite need for training and disciplinary action but I don't know if forcing him to resign was the best course of action. He had 20 years of service and losing that much experience isn't good for a department. But, pointing a hot weapon at a citizen, and sweeping an entire crowd, who is not threatening you and telling them "I will ****ing kill you!" and when asked his name responds "Go **** yourself!" is completely unacceptable. I believe his actions amount to deadly force and if he were on the receiving end of having a weapon pointed at him there'd be lead flying towards the unbadged person.

I realize cops need to point guns at bad guys, obviously, and I don't question that. But, his actions appeared to be that of a man who was in panic mode and couldn't assess the situation so he decided to bring his weapon to bear as a security blanket. The mantra of "don't point a weapon at a cop and you won't get shot" is repeated constantly and there is no sympathy towards the person who gets lit up. Wearing a badge shouldn't entitle the person to violate gun safety rules and point weapons at people nilly willy either.

What if an innocent citizen felt threatened due to him pointing a gun at them and decided to unleash the hate? What then? Would they be justified in their actions? Rhetorical, I know, but I thought I'd bring it up. I look forward to your insight and response. Hope all's well your way!

Last edited by Irish; 08-30-14 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I agree that his choice of words are poor and any reprimand other than termination would have been suitable.
    I won't even get in to the remarks and total disrespect of the idiot filming. Yes it is a volatile situation there between citizens and police but those cocky little white kids with their camera phones would be eaten alive by all the homies if the cops weren't there. (ok I got into it a little bit)
    What the camera doesn't show is the brandishing of a firearm and shots fired seconds before this incident. What are we (police) supposed to do? "Please sir, step back and don't crowd me so I can see who has the gun and make sure I go home tonight"?
    Sometimes police have to use "persuasion" to get people, especially angry people or people actively breaking the law, to comply.
    Sir, drop the gun... Sir, drop the gun... Drop the f%#*ing gun or I'll shoot you in the F&^%ing face!
    What I could see happening there is the gun fire occurring and a few cops not realizing that it was under control and the are still in condition red while other officers know that the situation was already under control.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast