Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A couple of officers off the job after actions during Ferguson protests.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Everyone milling about, and wandering around aimlessly, no one running, no one panicking, including your average everyday whitebread sympathizer, yet somehow guns were brandished and shots fired... I'm not buying it.
    that sounds like a fairy tail version...or something you would see reported on VICE

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmoney View Post
    that sounds like a fairy tail version...or something you would see reported on VICE
    Watch the video linked above in this thread.

Feedback Score
    I did, there is an awful lot going on in that video, and I have no idea what he is pointing that gun at, all I see is him. Kind of hard to pass judgment, who knows what might have happened before that 50 second snippet started. He is obviously stressed out, so much that the supervisor had to call him off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Watch the video linked above in this thread.
    I watched it. You cannot see the people standing next to or behind the person with the camera, so you cannot see what the officer is seeing at the time the incident occurred. The audio would lead a reasonable person to believe people were their for the purpose of provoking a response like the one you saw in the video and they got their wish. For whatever reason, the officer took the bait.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    @ 23 - 32 seconds in you can clearly see him pointing the weapon at numerous people. People trying to argue semantics over obvious poor and unsafe gun handling is disingenuous and complete bullshit. If this were any other person on the planet other than some dumb**** with a badge everyone would be jumping all over them ready to crucify them.

God forbid you don't agree with the bootlicking echo chamber. Hypocritical bullshit.
    Last edited by Irish; 08-30-14 at 17:29.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I watched it. You cannot see the people standing next to or behind the person with the camera, so you cannot see what the officer is seeing at the time the incident occurred. The audio would lead a reasonable person to believe people were their for the purpose of provoking a response like the one you saw in the video and they got their wish. For whatever reason, the officer took the bait.
    Exactly. These "peaceful crowds" were full of people making death threats towards officers, and many others with weapons. I'm not going to base a conclusion off a 50 second clip from some moron trying to provoke a response from a police officer in what is clearly an tense situation.

You go looking for trouble, you are going to find it. Cop took the bait and is paying for it, but I can't imagine how anyone can support or condemn his actions based on that little snippet of video. Where he did screw up big time is saying I will f*ng kill you, because that little clip was perfect for the news...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    @ 23 - 32 seconds in you can clearly see him pointing the weapon at numerous people. People trying to argue semantics over obvious poor and unsafe gun handling is disingenuous and complete bullshit. If this were any other person on the planet other than some dumb**** with a badge everyone would be jumping all over them ready to crucify them.

God forbid you don't agree with the reasonable, objective and fair minded echo chamber. Hypocritical bullshit.
    Fixed it for you.

The other officer who was fired needed to go. The man in the video needed disciplinary action, including a suspension. His resignation should satisfy most reasonable people.
    Last edited by T2C; 08-30-14 at 17:44.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    When faced with an angry crowd approaching you in an area that has a reputation for violence, what would the people participating in this thread do to protect themselves?
    I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing it, I'm sure that after dark there was plenty of nastiness, but aside from that everything I witnessed was peaceful, and reasonable demonstrating. What I witnessed were multiple examples of LEO's pointing firearms directly at American citizens who were pursuing their constitutional right to assemble, I saw multiple examples of police brazenly brandishing weapons at citizens! Such actions taken by citizens would have resulted in "felony" assault charges, or more likely death! I saw LEO's ranting what could easily have been construed to have been racist rhetoric, with the Lieutenant in question doing a fair combination of all absent injecting racial slurs, he ranted, threatened, and menaced, all while pointing his weapon at, American citizens! If he is allowed to just resign, he is getting off easily by my measure!

I have a lot of respect for police, its a tough job, and I know that the pay is not always the greatest, they perform a valuable service and often a thankless one. I am content with extending them some extra measure of latitude in most instances, but that line is drawn at Ferguson, and other less notorious altercations across America revolving around what can only be referred to as a projection of military force more reminiscent of Brazilian para-military units raiding favelas then traditional American police! Another thing, it is wise to remember that nobody has been drafted, its all freely chosen work, society doesn't owe anyone anything more then the paycheck that they draw for doing it...
    Last edited by Denali; 08-30-14 at 20:09.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What happens when Wilson's grand jury comes back with an indictment? How is that going to affect LE actions in the future? You're getting your head smashed in by a big ass guy, but you're white and he's black - you shoot and go to jail or you don't shoot and suffer brain damage. Sucks to be in that position.
    No, you sit in your cruiser and watch the suspect walk away. You don't arrest anyone unless there's a squad of officers at your 6. You slow roll on an active threat call so the suspect has time to get away.

I'm not excusing anything the locals did AFTER the shooting, but that community and the media took the word of a thug running with Brown and ran with it. Now the officer will get crucified even if it was a clean shoot. How will that effect how the remaining officer do their jobs? It's not rocket surgery.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No question! The knock out game followed by emptying of pockets.

I'm not questioning your integrity but is your information solely derived from a news article?

Yep, I get that. But the only thing I saw on camera was a bunch of white d-bag camera phone wielders.

I can totally see that. Thanks for your response. As always, just looking for good conversation and your well thought out responses.

Check this dude out... He's right on point.
    Yes he is. If there were more like him, the black community and the country would be FAR better off. Good on him.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast