Thread: Gun stores in the Orlando area?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gun stores in the Orlando area?

Heading down to gator & hog hunt with my brother-in-law who lives in Windermere. Will have loads of down-time, since all hunting in the evening, therefore was looking to visit some good gun stores in the area.

He only hunts, therefore only shops at Bass Pro. He never got into AR's and all the wonderful toys associated with them.

Thanks
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-29-14 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Check out shoot straight in Apopka and I have heard good things about Al's Army Navy off of Orange Blossom Trail.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowski87 View Post
    Check out shoot straight in Apopka and I have heard good things about Al's Army Navy off of Orange Blossom Trail.
    Thanks will check them out.

EDIT: when I did a map search on Shoot Straight, Tactical Weapons Solutions 2578 Clark St Apopka, FL popped up on the map. Worth stopping?
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 08-29-14 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Orlando Gun Club, 3721 Vineland Rd., it's in an industrial park so it's tricky to see directly from the street. Only 5 pistol bays, but clean, air conditioned, nice shop. 50yd rifle range, also AC'd. Go in the morning to avoid tourists.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    Heading down to gator & hog hunt with my brother-in-law who lives in Windermere. Will have loads of down-time, since all hunting in the evening, therefore was looking to visit some good gun stores in the area.

He only hunts, therefore only shops at Bass Pro. He never got into AR's and all the wonderful toys associated with them.

Thanks
    You will be right in my area, I live in the next town over from Windemere. Take your buddy to Shoot Straight as they have a huge selection of handguns, long guns and shotguns plus just about anything else you will need. They are overpriced but you can haggle with them on gun prices. The one in Apopka is the one you want to go to as it is a relatively new location and big sales floor with all kinds of stuffed animal trophy displays around the room. they have indoor pistol/rifle ranges too if you like. Lots of eye candy and shelves full of sweet firearms to fondle while there. Give Spikes tactical a call before you go and see if they will let you come check out the shop. It is about half way to the Shoot Straight location in Apopka from where you will be coming from. Orlando has a lot of small shops all over the place but a few are in kind of shabby areas like Riegs on S Orange Bloosom Trail and the one shop right across from the 33rd St. jail.

Where are you going to hunt ? I used to work with a guy that did handgun hunting for hogs down in Kissimmee all the time. He told me you literally have to kick them off the beds and it can be scary as shit because sometimes when they break cover they charge right at you !! Handgun shooting a 150-200 lb hog coming at you at about 7-10 feet is not my idea of fun but who knows, Maybe I could like it ? Plus I don't have a heavy duty revolver to shoot big slugs at them

I have lived in the Orlando area since 1979 so I can probably steer you in the right direction if need anything while visiting. Make sure you take the short drive to Ocoee and hit the Twistee Treat for some killer soft serve ice cream !! Right on the corner of Maguire Rd and Hwy 50

S.M.
    Last edited by sandman99and9; 07-24-16 at 19:37.
    "I'd rather have a Bloody Mary made from the bandage drippings of a dozen Ebola victims than watch BattleField Earth again."

SeriousStudent

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can recommend "Lord of War Firearms" in Oviedo. It's a smaller shop, but they're good people. Mostly focused on sporting rifles, with very fair prices.

Feedback Score
    When I lived in Orlando I used be able to get some good deals at Shoot Straight at the first location in Apopka. This was in the 80’s and 90’s.
    Two Browning Hi Powers, S&W model 64 3”, model 24 6” and two model 29’s 4” and 8 3/8”.
    They also have a good a/c range.

Feedback Score
    I went to Shoot Straight Apopka often when I lived there. Also Spikes Tactical though I'm not sure they still let people come by.