Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3x Tac A1 question

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Tikka T3x Tac A1 question

This might be a stupid question / situation, but I still need an answer.

I have a Tikka T3x TAC A1 in .308. 20" barrel with a Sandman L can on it.

I've tried mounting two different optics on it, a Sig Tango6 4-18x and Nightforce 4-14x SHV F1.

Both of those optics came right off of two other precision builds where I had no problems with them.

The gun shoots and is grouping great, 1 MOA or better accuracy right out of the box with no break in... but its printing about 8"-12" high at 100 yards. .... and i can't adjust either optic's elevation turret to get it any lower. I've bottomed/ maxed them both out. (my zero stop is not the issue)

I was initially zeroing with a zero MOA cantilever mount before I found out the Tikka has a zero moa base by default. I reinstalled my scope into a 20 MOA base cantilever mount and I still have the same problem.

Shooting great groups but printing several inches high and I cant adjust elevation any further. Never had this problem before with a rifle.

Am I missing something or is there something else going on?

Thanks for any ideas.

Feedback Score
    Well for starters your 20 MOA mount is going to raise impact by 20 MOA…

So go back to a 0 MOA mount on your 0 MOA base.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have you counted the optic's elevation clicks to determine that they have their full elevation at your disposal.

I'm still betting on the zero stops being the reason. A zero MOA base and zero MOA rings should put the POI nowhere near the bottom of the travel.

Feedback Score
    True.

Take the elevation turret cap off and adjust the zero stop all the way to the top.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Well for starters your 20 MOA mount is going to raise impact by 20 MOA…

So go back to a 0 MOA mount on your 0 MOA base.
    Yep you right, Im gonna do that.

as for the zero stop comments,

the Nightforce SHV doesnt have a zero stop, it just lets you loosen the cap to re set it to zero,
    The Sig Tango 6 does and the zero stop is not engaged although after watching a few videos on it im wondering if mine is broken.

I switched back to the 0 MOA mount and remounted it again and ill try again. If its the same results I might contact Sig.

Thanks all.

Feedback Score
    Good luck.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The SHV does have a zero stop function. I have a 4-14 F1 on a rifle. It's not as precise as the Zero stop on the NXS/NX8 but it works.

Feedback Score
    Uninstall and reinstall to make sure everything is set properly. It sounds like the base is not set correctly to the rail.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 02-24-24 at 00:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    The SHV does have a zero stop function. I have a 4-14 F1 on a rifle. It's not as precise as the Zero stop on the NXS/NX8 but it works.
    The SHV has a zero set, which is a little bit different than the Nightforce Zero Stop (what the ATACR series has).

Maybe its semantics but its two different systems but thats how NF refers to it as.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Uninstall and reinstall to make sure everything is set properly. It sounds like the base is not set correctly to the rail.
    Done that 3 times, same problem. (and its torqued properly).

Ive re-centered the topic to where its mechanical center should be for elevation and windage. One by taking the max adjustment range and dividing by 2 and also by using the mirror trick. So my zero stops are def. not engaged when I was bottomed out. Im beginning to wonder if something is messed with the rifle top receiver rail or something maybe. Now that ive used two different scopes and several different mounts. Still shoots great, just consistently high.
    Last edited by TACAV; 02-24-24 at 19:28.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is it possible for the top rail to be installed backwards?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast