Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144
Results 1,431 to 1,433 of 1433

Thread: Tactical bolt action rifle picture thread

Feedback Score
    This will be a little more serious attempt to get myself into the precision world. A move that may well end up costing me more money I could (and probably should) be putting into my Jeep build...

New Magpul Hunter stock came in today for the .243 Remington 700. I got this rifle used in a Boyd's stock. Pretty, but no pillars or bedding block, and just a tiny bit of glass bedding around the recoil lug. Although an "el-cheapo" by precision stock standards, I'm kinda on a budget. The Magpul Hunter seems pretty comfy, and it does check most of the same boxes as the $900+ custom stocks do, including having an aluminium bedding block built into it.

The scope is a Nikon M-Tactical .308 4-16x42SF BDC 800. This is also a budget piece, but I've had the 1" tube version for a few years, and have liked it well enough to keep it, and swap it out to 3 or 4 different guns.

I have a Chrono on the way, (finally) so once I can get out shooting again, I'll be able to make some ballistic tables (in MOA to match the turrets) for it. Also, I can choose my caliber, and ammo load in Nikon's "Spot on" app to go with the BDC reticle as well.

You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    This will be a little more serious attempt to get myself into the precision world. A move that may well end up costing me more money I could (and probably should) be putting into my Jeep build...

New Magpul Hunter stock came in today for the .243 Remington 700. I got this rifle used in a Boyd's stock. Pretty, but no pillars or bedding block, and just a tiny bit of glass bedding around the recoil lug. Although an "el-cheapo" by precision stock standards, I'm kinda on a budget. The Magpul Hunter seems pretty comfy, and it does check most of the same boxes as the $900+ custom stocks do, including having an aluminium bedding block built into it.

The scope is a Nikon M-Tactical .308 4-16x42SF BDC 800. This is also a budget piece, but I've had the 1" tube version for a few years, and have liked it well enough to keep it, and swap it out to 3 or 4 different guns.

I have a Chrono on the way, (finally) so once I can get out shooting again, I'll be able to make some ballistic tables (in MOA to match the turrets) for it. Also, I can choose my caliber, and ammo load in Nikon's "Spot on" app to go with the BDC reticle as well.

Good luck with your Precision rig. Good enough to get you sucked in.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    The 'chucks were moving last night:

Page 144 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144