SOLID !!

PB

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Sumbody all done with messing around.
    SOLID !!

PB
    Thanks PB. Got fed up with Rem700 builds that ended up costing the same in the end and not holding the value of a AI or Cadex chassis gun. I just went for it.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have several of the Rem 700’s. No way to sell them. I’m just going to shoot them to death. Great guns, great shooters. Back in the day, it was more viable option. Now too many nice guns at all price ranges.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I think that’s the deal you make when you customize a 700. Unless you are ok with taking a bath on resale of course. I have a couple and are probably the last two guns I would sell.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I still see a ton of value in some of the customs from a few select actions and barrel manufacturers put into a good chassis or stock. But I will never start out with another 700 factory gun and go through it top to bottom with all the custom work again. Sure they shoot well, but after 7k total into a factory rem700, rebarrel, and all new parts, I had to have an intervention. If your doing little by little, the 700 route is awesome. Support from every manufacturer and DYI is fairly simple. Just after so many years doing that, I went another direction and started cleaning house.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 10-04-18 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don’t know why people buy factory rifles anymore. We change everything on them anyway.

When the Stiller, Nucleus, Curtis, Seekins actions are sub $900 why buy a factory rifle?

I’m sure many more companies are cheaper but I haven’t researched in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have never put more than $2.5K and others closer to sub $2k in my Custom Remmys , but my Riflesmith is a fraction of the cost as most gunsmiths. I wouldn't push him on people here on the forum, because he requires some badgering to get it done, but he is 5 minutes from me. His work is second to none so Im pretty lucky.

I just think with the Bergara, Tikkas.... of the world that makes great guns in the sub $2k market, the whole Remmy make-over is dying. Like I said, Im just going to shoot the piss out of mine until they die, I still enjoy them.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    That expensive build started out with a new in box gun costing me 1500. After I did a little work I had an issue that Remington could not warranty because I already had GAP do work on the gun. That lead to a complete rebarrel and it went all down hill from there. GAP did all the work at various times afterwards along with a few things from Mile high. It just got to a point of too much money. The gun made me so mad that I had so much into it, I couldn't even look at it. . Sold it for a big loss. I agree with all the points above. I still have a few 700s that I enjoy and will never sell. Shooting to the death also. I just have triggers into them and that's about it.

Feedback Score
    223 trainer

ARC Nucleus action
    ARC Barloc
    Criterion Varmint 26" barrel
    Area 419 adapter
    Thunderbeast 6.5 Ultra 7
    Triggertech Diamond flat trigger
    Killer Innovation Orias Chassis
    Sawtooth Rifle Arca rail
    RRS Arca adapter
    Atlas V8 bipod
    MDT Buttstock
    ARC M10 Scope Rings
    Vortex Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27x

Feedback Score
    IMG_1230.jpg

22 Trainers out at the PWSA Prone and PRS matches last weekend. Son runs the CZ455 and I have the converted 40X. We both could run the KYL straight through at 50 yards, but the yardages on some of the others weren't what we are used to. Need to tune up the dope for more distances. The PRS match kicked my ass, and my that I mean fat ass. Learned a lot about positions and swingers. Also learned that my ADM Recon mount didn't like a smack into a barrier and my scope shifted 2 mils in elevation. That mount is really finicky balance between being on getting on the rail and being a bit loose. The jaws don't like to clamp the rail. I think I got it tweaked now to take any smack and not shift.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 140 of 153 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150 ... LastLast