Page 91 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical bolt action rifle picture thread

Feedback Score
    I am almost embarassed to post this here, but it is a project I am slowly working on as funds are available.

39a7d1fc-ac99-4b29-9f6d-16ec5aa4401b_zpsfe268870.jpg
    Ruger M77, originally .243 (Old style with tang safety)
    Custom work by CT Huston. (Now Deceased)
    Douglas Air-gauged 24" Heavy Countor Barrel
    308 Match Chamber
    Original Stock reworked for heavy barrel, and modified profile.
    Inlet, glass and pillar bedded.
    Trigger group polisihed and lightened to crisp 4lbs.
    9-13" Harris Bipod
    Slip on recoil pad.
    Ruger claw rings.
    Glass is an older Centerpoint 4-16x with target turrets.

This rifle will shoot one ragged 5 shot hole all day long. Even though the scope is cheap, it has been a decent scope, and tracks well.

My plan is to find a nicer laminate stock preferably in grey pepper. First on the list is a nicer scope and better mounting system.

I am hoping to start competing in F-class at 600yards this year, and possibly a couple of classes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landrvrnut22 View Post
    I am almost embarassed to post this here, but it is a project I am slowly working on as funds are available.

39a7d1fc-ac99-4b29-9f6d-16ec5aa4401b_zpsfe268870.jpg
    Ruger M77, originally .243 (Old style with tang safety)
    Custom work by CT Huston. (Now Deceased)
    Douglas Air-gauged 24" Heavy Countor Barrel
    308 Match Chamber
    Original Stock reworked for heavy barrel, and modified profile.
    Inlet, glass and pillar bedded.
    Trigger group polisihed and lightened to crisp 4lbs.
    9-13" Harris Bipod
    Slip on recoil pad.
    Ruger claw rings.
    Glass is an older Centerpoint 4-16x with target turrets.

This rifle will shoot one ragged 5 shot hole all day long. Even though the scope is cheap, it has been a decent scope, and tracks well.

My plan is to find a nicer laminate stock preferably in grey pepper. First on the list is a nicer scope and better mounting system.

I am hoping to start competing in F-class at 600yards this year, and possibly a couple of classes.
    I'm no authority on tactical rifles, but seems to me the only thing that really matters is where the projectile meets the target. Wood stock and an old scope matter not to the target, if the bullets hit exactly where they should.

Congrats on your rifle...be proud of it.

Feedback Score
    No need to feel that way around here. As long as it shoots true, who's complaining besides your intended target?
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Holiday View Post
    No need to feel that way around here. As long as it shoots true, who's complaining besides your intended target?
    At the range, they were calling it the Sear's & Roebuck rifle. Until, I showed them how me and the rifle could outshoot their custom Howa/Remington/Custom rifles.

I know I have alot to learn, but I have done really well with what I have so far. I am ready to take it to the next level, and hoping I can with what I have.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landrvrnut22 View Post
    At the range, they were calling it the Sear's & Roebuck rifle. Until, I showed them how me and the rifle could outshoot their custom Howa/Remington/Custom rifles.

I know I have alot to learn, but I have done really well with what I have so far. I am ready to take it to the next level, and hoping I can with what I have.
    I was watching an episode of "Gun Stories" on the Outdoor Channel a couple years age, the episode was on the Winchester 94. Buz Mills of Gunsite Academy told a story about a carbine class, and how a fifty-something year old Montana sheriff showed up with an 1894 lever gun so old all the blueing was worn off, but he proceeded to outshoot everyone in the class, including several soldiers and Marines. It was a great story.

If you train/practice and learn to shoot your firearm effectively, your far beyond the average guy with a cool new rifle who thinks the gun will shoot bullseyes on its own.

Feedback Score
    You don't need the approval of any moron at the range. The only approval you need is your own. If you know your rifle suits your needs and you know it's a straight shooter....I don't know of any other approval that could be more important than that.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wear you at Trust8383? Damn I smell a road trip for that quadrilla of awesomeness. Saw your factory looking KAC rifle w/ can in the AR pic thread too.....you sir, have some great taste in firearms, and apparently a heavy piggy back to boot.

If any of you precision junkies like maybe Trust8383, Taliv, or BigJoe want to create some sick LR precision videos recorded in real 1080 HD, please shoot me an email/pm about maybe doing something over a long weekend. I still am dying to go see Taliv and do some serious LR precision NVD shooting under the moon. Black AR500....clip ons......and huge Bang---------------------Dings, yeah that is about as good as it could get for myself.

Sadly, I almost exclusively explore LR shooting, and videoing by myself, and I think if I had another very like minded person that could do the shooting most of the time, while I filmed.....I bet we could get footage very similar to the stuff in the recent magpul precision dvd (only seen the ext. trailer ) to include experimental NV setup/footage (attach clip on in front of a 1080 Sony HDR), bullet trace footage, and most likely even some glint footage.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wear you at Trust8383? Damn I smell a road trip for that quadrilla of awesomeness. Saw your factory looking KAC rifle w/ can in the AR pic thread too.....you sir, have some great taste in firearms, and apparently a heavy piggy back to boot.

If any of you precision junkies like maybe Trust8383, Taliv, or BigJoe want to create some sick LR precision videos recorded in real 1080 HD, please shoot me an email/pm about maybe doing something over a long weekend. I still am dying to go see Taliv and do some serious LR precision NVD shooting under the moon. Black AR500....clip ons......and huge Bang---------------------Dings, yeah that is about as good as it could get for myself.

Sadly, I almost exclusively explore LR shooting, and videoing by myself, and I think if I had another very like minded person that could do the shooting most of the time, while I filmed.....I bet we could get footage very similar to the stuff in the recent magpul precision dvd (only seen the ext. trailer ) to include experimental NV setup/footage (attach clip on in front of a 1080 Sony HDR), bullet trace footage, and most likely even some glint footage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    He also has a pretty good youtube page.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=20651&dateline=1303766618

Page 91 of 153 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141 ... LastLast