Page 96 of 153 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Tactical bolt action rifle picture thread

Feedback Score
    To my FFL it was $3900 as you have to pay tax at your local rate and $95 shipping. I am a collector of military arms so it had some value for me in that regard but it is far from a 700P as far as the barreled action goes. If you add up the value of all the components it is at the very least worth what they are asking for them.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scatsob View Post
    To my FFL it was $3900 as you have to pay tax at your local rate and $95 shipping. I am a collector of military arms so it had some value for me in that regard but it is far from a 700P as far as the barreled action goes. If you add up the value of all the components it is at the very least worth what they are asking for them.
    Really? Military Arms collecting aside (I understand that part) what's so special about the barreled action? Not trying to be rude here, but my $600 SPS Tac performed better accuracy-wise than what your target pics above show:

7 shots @ 100/Black Hills 175 - top two rounds were prior to elevation adjustment:

3 shots @ 600/Black Hills 175

Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle . I am not the best shot yet, I only get to the range about every couple months so most all of what you are seeing is my fault. The trigger is different, the barrel is different, stock, scope, base, rings, spare parts, tools, cases, bipod. I will say that what remington sells the new M24 deployment kits for is a little rediculious, $8k or so, but I am happy with what I paid. Just out of curiosity, what do you have in your SPS? Looks like you changed the stock, had a bolt knob attached, base, rings, scope, and bipod.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Nice rifle . I am not the best shot yet, I only get to the range about every couple months so most all of what you are seeing is my fault. The trigger is different, the barrel is different, stock, scope, base, rings, spare parts, tools, cases, bipod. I will say that what remington sells the new M24 deployment kits for is a little rediculious, $8k or so, but I am happy with what I paid. Just out of curiosity, what do you have in your SPS? Looks like you changed the stock, had a bolt knob attached, base, rings, scope, and bipod.
    I actually traded that rifle 2 years ago for my MK18 SBR, but the cost breakdown went something like this:

Base SPS-Tac, bought used from a buddy (he fired 5 rounds through it) - $525
    LTR Takeoff HS Precision Stock - Hogue takeoff + $125
    Aluminum bedding in stock was jacked up from someone trying to file/fit a Mod 70 in it. Steel beding, threaded barrel, Badger Bolt knob - $125
    Nightforce 20 MOA Base - $130
    Nightforce UL Rings - $130
    Used Leupold Vari-X III LR/T 3.5-10x40 M3, USMC Mil-dot - $650
    Harris Bipod - $75
    Stock Pack - $40
    Total - $1,800
    Last edited by ASH556; 01-17-14 at 10:51.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    6bq5.jpgHere is a better indication of how the rifle shoots. The bottom two targets are 5 shots, I really like pulling the last shot for some reason .

Feedback Score
    Cost is a funny thing with guns. Take KAC for example. KAC makes some awesome AR10's, but are they 5x more awesome than a DPMS or any other AR10 in the $1000 range? The way I figured it I got an M24 plus all the goddies for what it would have cost me to have just the M24 rifle build by a reputable smith, and I dont think it shoots that different than a custom would have.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Really? Military Arms collecting aside (I understand that part) what's so special about the barreled action? Not trying to be rude here, but my $600 SPS Tac performed better accuracy-wise than what your target pics above show:

7 shots @ 100/Black Hills 175 - top two rounds were prior to elevation adjustment:

3 shots @ 600/Black Hills 175

I get 3 shot groups like this with my sps at 200. Granted I've dumped just over 2000 on it lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

And this group was with pmc at 200

Feedback Score
    How about a picture of the gun?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about a picture of the gun?
    It's in here somewhere but here it is again. I'm not that into taking pictures but it's the most recent one.

Page 96 of 153 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast