Thread: Suppresor on SIG 551-2SP ???

Feedback Score

Suppresor on SIG 551-2SP ???

I have a SIG/SAN 551-2SP carbine. On these guns and the 550's the flash hider is forged together with the barrel and not removable. Is there a way to mount a suppressor on these guns, special adaptor or something?

Feedback Score
    Brugger and Thomet makes a suppressor specifically for them. I don't know if is available in the US.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the Gemtech HALO is your only current option in the US.

Feedback Score
    From my experience the Gemtech Halo does not work on the Swiss 551-2 SP carbine. I own both the rifle and suppressor. The Halo manual actually shows it being mounted to a Swiss 551 and states "2.9.1 special versions of the HALO suppressor are available for use with the USA version of the Sigarms model 551(which uses a 21.5 integral flash hider)"

I even called Gemtech at one point inquiring about this special suppressor and the gentleman didn't know what I was talking about even after showing him the manual online. Sigh.

I tried mounting the Halo to a factory 14" 551 barrel and it seemed to mount securely/tightly enough, didn't have much play/wiggle. This wasn't the case with my 16" 551-2 SP carbine, the diameter of the flash hider was just a little too small and the length of the flash hider seemed way too short. There was way too much play making the suppressor unsafe to fire.

Apparently a couple companies make them for the rifle in Europe but it's my guess it has to be made in the U.S.?

I've inquired with Liberty suppressors and they'll actually make one for me. I think I'll eventually do that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinGunMP5 View Post
    From my experience the Gemtech Halo does not work on the Swiss 551-2 SP carbine. I own both the rifle and suppressor. The Halo manual actually shows it being mounted to a Swiss 551 and states "2.9.1 special versions of the HALO suppressor are available for use with the USA version of the Sigarms model 551(which uses a 21.5 integral flash hider)"

I even called Gemtech at one point inquiring about this special suppressor and the gentleman didn't know what I was talking about even after showing him the manual online. Sigh.

I tried mounting the Halo to a factory 14" 551 barrel and it seemed to mount securely/tightly enough, didn't have much play/wiggle. This wasn't the case with my 16" 551-2 SP carbine, the diameter of the flash hider was just a little too small and the length of the flash hider seemed way too short. There was way too much play making the suppressor unsafe to fire.

Apparently a couple companies make them for the rifle in Europe but it's my guess it has to be made in the U.S.?

I've inquired with Liberty suppressors and they'll actually make one for me. I think I'll eventually do that.

That's odd. I remember Gemtech's long running ad in Small Arms Review showing the HALO mounted to a 551 with 14.3" OAL barrel. It makes sense that it doesn't fit the 16" OAL barrel, as it's OD is smaller than the Stg90/pe90/550/551(short bbl)/551-LB.