Thread: Rainer Arms RA308?

Feedback Score
    14 (94%)

Rainer Arms RA308?

Any thoughts on this? Looks pretty nice.

1) at 2600 it is in LMT LM8MWS/PredatAR price range. (Cheaper than PredatOBR/kac)
    2) it's light at only 8lbs 6 oz (pretty much the same as the new ACC
    3) fully ambi including a nice looking bolt release
    4) nice stainless barrel? (Or so they say but I have no experiance with them)
    5) SSA trigger!
    6) the lower is kind of cool looking and the magwell looks nice
    7) I bet that break is blasty and there is no adjustable gas block for suppresor users.
    8) no BUIS included

Anyone have any expeiance with this?
    Last edited by Amur; 09-06-14 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I can build a really comparable one with the Aero Precision receiver set and parting everything together from just what's in stock at Rainier and have plenty left over to assemble it (and do silly things like upgrade to an SSA-E, adjustable gas block, and different rail).

That said, I'm waiting for enough feedback on the Aero precision setup to do something hilariously similar to that - the SuperMatch 16" barrel they have in DPMS extension, Midwest SS-KM LR308 rail, and then copy exactly all the awesome parts from the RA stuff (Ambi charging handle for sure) and there's budget left to run all MagPul furniture, maybe run a VLTOR A5 type RE, but I'd be short on the ambi bolt release setup (maybe run a BAD and call it good).

I'd say the handguard/furniture/brake combination is the only part I'm not in love with, if they churned out a version closer to what I described, I'd be autodialing John and the crew demanding they take my money.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I'd say the handguard/furniture/brake combination is the only part I'm not in love with, if they churned out a version closer to what I described, I'd be autodialing John and the crew demanding they take my money.
    I would assume, at least going by what they've offered in the past with the AR15 that they will be doing that eventually. I am hoping to be in the market for a .308 AR in the next year or two, will likely begin picking up mags for the gun this year(yes I buy mags for guns I don't have, ammo too. Don't judge me.) and on my list currently is the LMT .308, but this would be there too, depending on configuration. Rainier Arms has always treated me well and I am less than bashful about ordering from them since their prices are both competitive and service has been top notch. Though I must also admit that I need to contact grant and get the M4C member discount, I have yet to do business with him, and as much as he contributes, and as competitive as his prices are on a number of items I feel as if I am doing him and myself a disservice in not shopping with him. Besides, new job, more cash, I need some BCM lowers goddamnit, lol. Anyway, I digress. I hope Rainier doe offer more options, I like the options that the rifle could offer, I just wish that they would place their complete rifles earlier in their area since I thought that the rifle was vaporware until I got to the end.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink