Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 23 vs S&W sigma .40

Feedback Score
    1 (57%)
    Sigma if you want a gun to practice malfunction drills Glock if you want a gun that works all the time . M&P's are damn good guns but I dont believe they are superior to the glocks! I will never own a Glock in .40 again, at least not the 22 model( Don't have any experience with the 23 or 27) because of the issue's I had with it. If you want a 9mm go with glock, if you want a .40 go with M&P, if you want .45, well thats a whole different discussion since I still haven't found one that I would trust my life with!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jc75754 View Post
    I need advice from people on which they would bet their life on b/c this gun will be a conceal carry. I do not want to venture away from the .40 round but I am open to suggestions on other guns about the same size/build. Also i am wanting to spend $500 or less. Add pics of of your guns if you want because style does count.

Thanks guys
    I totally understand not wanting to spend money you don't have to, but asking to bet your life on $500 or less for CC? It seems a bit conflicted, saving the extra few hundred dollars to make the difference would seem petty if you ever had to use it. That being said, I also agree with the majority, you should be able to get a compact S&W M&P for near your price range.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by evilmonkey View Post
    Sigma if you want a gun to practice malfunction drills Glock if you want a gun that works all the time . M&P's are damn good guns but I dont believe they are superior to the glocks! I will never own a Glock in .40 again, at least not the 22 model( Don't have any experience with the 23 or 27) because of the issue's I had with it. If you want a 9mm go with glock, if you want a .40 go with M&P, if you want .45, well thats a whole different discussion since I still haven't found one that I would trust my life with!
    I love my G27 for small CC. I did just pick up a full size M&P 40 and while I'm trying to like the trigger it feels really heavy and grinds though from what I'm told that loosens up after a few hundred rounds (if it doesn't then it's off for a trigger job). Either the G27 or the SW M&P 40C can be picked up for under $500. As stated above the Sigma is just a cheap PoS.

Feedback Score
    1 (57%)
    b_saan let me save you time and ammo go ahead and send it off for the trigger job! Mine only has about 400rds through it but I compared mine and a guy I shoot IDPA with and his has about 7 or 8000 rds through it and it still feels about the same as mine so im going to send it off in the next month or so.

Feedback Score
    Sigma is a piece of junk. While I love 9 mm Glocks and can highly recommend the G19 or G17, I am not a fan of Glocks in other calibers. The S&W .40 M&P is outstanding.

So--get a G19 or a .40 M&P.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by moosepn View Post
    I totally understand not wanting to spend money you don't have to, but asking to bet your life on $500 or less for CC? It seems a bit conflicted, saving the extra few hundred dollars to make the difference would seem petty if you ever had to use it. That being said, I also agree with the majority, you should be able to get a compact S&W M&P for near your price range.
    I believe that it is very possible to find a great cc gun for $500 or under. Case in point I bought a Bersa Ultra Compact for $350 and I have put over 850 rounds through it w/o a failure. 400 of those rounds were wolf ammo and still no failure + i believe it has a lifetime warranty. Despite owning an XD and a 1911 the Bersa stays under the pillow at night. The only problem is, it has a very heavy metal frame which helps to cut down on the .45 recoil but can be uncomfortable when carrying. That is why i was considering the Sigma but now that is out and it is down to the M&P or Glock. The biggest problem I have with many of the gun manufactures is many of them are upping the price of their products due to reputation and nothing else. For example I bought the XD in 2005 and since then the price has gone up about $90 and the only extra is a mag holder and speed loader with Springfield Armory. I do understand the principals of supply and demand but it is still and agervation to me to pay $600 for a gun that should only cost $500. Thats not worth $90. maybe some will disagree. I'll get off my soapbox now and shut up for a while.
    Maybe some of you guys can tell me why we are all being subjected to higher prices on firearms. Is this a secret government plan to keep guns out of the hands of the average citizen?
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Perhaps it has something to do with the cost of raw materials going up.
    Perhaps it has something to do with the cost of fuel going up
    Perhaps it has something to do with the cost of labor going up

That'd be my guess.

Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12