Thread: G Code SOC holster for use with G19 and threaded barrel

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

G Code SOC holster for use with G19 and threaded barrel

I wish I had more information to post, but this is the type of stuff I would google and never get answers to so maybe this will help somebody.

I bought a SOC holster about two months ago. It arrived this week and I got to use it at a shoot. It worked really well. I chose the SOC because I have a TLR-1 on my G19. I didn't know this but it came with a non light shroud as well so I can switch back if I ever want to. That was a good move by G Code.

However, I also have an Octane suppressor on the way and long after ordering my holster I realized it may not work with a longer threaded barrel. Today I picked up my barrel from M4C member djegators (fantastic guy) and rushed home to get it installed and see how it fit in the holster.

The good news is that it fits, and it fits well enough for you to easily put the strap back over the slide.

The bad news is that it fits just poorly enough to where depressing the button doesn't automatically release the strap. It requires a very slight nudge by your thumb for it to spring open. This would obviously be an issue under stress however, the holster has so much damn retention (it almost pulls my pants up when I draw) that this is irrelevant to me as I'll probably only keep it strapped for transport or things of that nature.

In the last pic you can see my position for both depressing the button and nudging the strap forward. The design of the button makes it easy to do that, but I wouldn't trust myself to figure it out if I were being shot at.

So if anyone is curious, it works.

Last edited by Eurodriver; 09-12-14 at 18:11.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    For what it worth, I had same issue with that strap on my G-Code and a set of match sights on a SA RO 1911 where it was ever so slightly interrupting the strap's movement. I solved it with with a little light sanding with fine grit sand paper on the contact points. I still had over half of the strap thickness after I was done so, no loss of the strap's retention function.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I didn't even think about filing it down. That's brilliant, thank you.

I'll see how much I would need to file and go from there.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I really like G-Code's concept with the RTI wheel they've been a bit of a disappointment lately. Over a year ago they were testing OSH series WML compatible holsters and said they would be out soon - I even called and was able to order one for my G19 w/ TLR-1. It worked great but I soon switched over to SureFire exclusively and when I tried to call and order one for an X300, they told me they could not make it for me. I know their FB had been blowing up about the WML OSH when they posted a few pictures of it being tested. Not sure why they haven't done anything about it.

But if you like the RTI wheel, Off the Grid Concepts makes a kydex holster (ADR MKIII) with an RTI hanger and offers many more custom options. I had one made for my G19 w/X300 and DG switch and it worked well for me. They also give you the option to rush its production which costs $50 extra, but was definitely worth it for me so I could get it in time for a Pannone class.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    OTG also makes holsters that are compatible with the inforce APL lights

Feedback Score
    Coffman concealment also makes holsters using the RTI G code , just got one for my FNX 45 tactical cut for a RMR and a X 300... Very nice work and fast delivery