Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good decision??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    With Colt and GLOCK you are reading for the goblin hoardes . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buckpatriot View Post
    Colt over M&P all day
    This.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Glock 21, it's one of the nicest shooting Glocks. Parts are easy to get, and you can even get 28-round magazines for it. The M&P would be my second choice, especially if it has the newer upgraded trigger. I personally would avoid the HS2000 45 at all costs.
    Why no xdm

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dylank0723 View Post
    Why no xdm
    Because the XDM isn't in the same class as the above mentioned pistols.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why no xdm
    Do a little looking around and you'll see the reasons on this forum. While I personally have never had an issue with the XD platform, the XDM platform I personally have seen several issues with. Enough so that I am generally skiddish around XDMs for anything other than range toys. Of the group you mentioned the 21 would likely be the best option of the three, in my opinion. And this comes from someone who generally is not a Glock fan so......
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I can personally attest to the 6920 - A couple thousand rounds and a carbine class.. still running strong.

I would say Glock or the M&P 45 are solid as well. YMMV
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies. - C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Is the 40 cal hard on parts? I mean does a 40 cal pistol have a shorter service life than a 45?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Is the 40 cal hard on parts? I mean does a 40 cal pistol have a shorter service life than a 45?
    Traditionally, yes. The pressure is much higher in the .40, and tends to wear everything out more quickly. I would assume you would have to shoot a ton for this to happen though. YMMV.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    OK thanks man

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Does it give much more stopping power than 9mm? Or enough to make a really difference

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast