Thread: "Suprema" .00 buckshot

Feedback Score

"Suprema" .00 buckshot

This is the stuff currently sold at Wal-Mart for around $12 per box of 25. Made in Spain for Tulammo. Haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but anyone have any pro/con experiences with it?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll bite:

Suprema is my practice load for my Benelli M1. My Benelli is ammo sensitive when in stock configuration (PG stock, one-piece 7rd tube); bolting on a Mesa side saddle and a Surefire fore-end didn't help (but it didn't hurt much -- the only ammo I've tried that I can't shoot now that I could shoot before was the Federal LR Truball slug 1oz @ 1300FPS).

Suprema is one of the few cost-effective loads that will cycle my gun when dressed up as described. I will occasionally get a failure to lock back, but it's nothing to be concerned about since it isn't my HD ammo. To ensure reliability when practicing, I'll empty the side saddle. Pattern-wise, it does ~8" at 7 yards. It's lead shot with nothing fancy for a wad. Overall, I think it's worth a buy, especially when considering how expensive 00 buck is normally. I would, however, look at other ammo for serious use.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a 100 rounds for 40 bucks at local gun show and it feeds quite well in my Cantamount Fury, never had an issue with it. No failures to fire, and it's great for practice or just for fun, pretty typical buckshot, but it's cheap and also pretty basic. I wouldn't advise for HD, but if you want to stock up on cheap buck for the zombies it should do you well.