Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR 9mm

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger LCR 9mm

Ruger announces LCR in 9mm. From what I read elsewhere it takes moonclips and is +P rated.
    http://ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5456.html
    Last edited by cathellsk; 09-22-14 at 20:55.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    Ok, this is quite interesting.

IIRC the 9mm recoil is generally snappier than a 38 special. The bore axis and geometry should help make recoil be manageable.

Eyeballing it looks like similar length cylinder to the 38/357.

Feedback Score
    5 rounds...

They really need to make an LCR type revolver with steel frame (like in the .357 LCR) in K-frame size with 6 rounds and chamber it in 9mm or .357 mag
    Oh and make the trigger decent and remove the internal lock

Ideally it would also have a shorter cylinder but I get why it is not shorter

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by teutonicpolymer View Post
    5 rounds...

They really need to make an LCR type revolver with steel frame (like in the .357 LCR) in K-frame size with 6 rounds and chamber it in 9mm or .357 mag

I'd like to have one of these. I have one in .357 magnum. The trigger is better than any factory J-Frame S&W trigger I ever felt.

And the Hogue grip and frame design really help cut recoil.

The 9mm should perform just like it does in short 9mm auto's. Which is to say with performance and recoil between .38 special and .357 magnum. Well actually better because of all the development 9mm has had vs recent .38 and .357 loads.

Looking forward to reading reviews of it.

Feedback Score
    I'm all in. I've been wanting this for a while. I will order one as soon as I can.

One step closer to consolidating to 9mm!!

Feedback Score
    A 2" revolver barrel is about equal to a 3" auto.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I chronoed several 9mm loads thru my S&W 9MM 1 7/8" J frame several years ago. Velocities were about the same as from my Glock 19

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If it can be used without the full moon clips, I'd be all over it. Those clips tend to get bent, and bad things happen afterward.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wish Ruger would have shortened the frame and cylinder to better accommodate the short 9mm case. Basically build a modern version of the old S&W I-frame revolvers.

Anyway, here's Jeff Quinn's review. He seems pleased:

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCR9mm.htm
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    I would very much like to get the 9mm, the .357, and the .22lr. I'll probably go with the 9mm first.

5 rounds...

I believe Ruger already did away with the internal lock in the LCR models. I would love to see a six-shot version of the LCR.
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast