Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ruger LCR 9mm

Feedback Score
    I purchased Ruger LCR 9mm on the 5th of January. I love the gun and I love the moon clips, they are fast to reload. My LCR is back at Ruger for shaving jackets bad. The cylinder was not lining up enough on all five cylinders and shaving the jackets badly. I have about 300 rounds through the gun and the recoil is more than the 38+P in the 147 rounds but good shooting with 115's. My gun shoots high with 147's but right on with 115's. As for jumping crimp, it does, but not with all ammo. Aluminum cases are the worst and steel cases stick badly and I mean stuck. I fired Blazer brass no problem, Fiocchi no problem, Speer Gold Dots 115 and 124+P's, no issues. I did have sticking issues with federal tactical 124's going into chamber, go figure. I lost the nut on the top screw and the screw holding the cylinder button was backing out. Anyway, I love the gun and can't wait for it to come back but not all ammo will work in this gun, it's very picky. I can't comment on accuracy because of the jacket shaving and out of alignment issue. I know accuracy suffered because of the bullet damage. I love the moon clip concept they are strong like spring steel and small to fit in your pocket. I can't say all the LCR 9's are as picky as my gun, but the 38 is a lot less picky if at all. Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    I bought one, and I love it. I had a bullet jump a case and obstruct the cylinder from turning, but that projectile was undersized a touch, and that would've happened regardless of caliber. My only beef is with Ruger's junk moon clips. They're flimsy, and I bent one on the first loading. I've ordered some from TK Customs, and I'll let y'all know how they do. I talked to Tom at TK, and George Martin at Revolver Supply today, and they both said the only way they're making any cheaper stamped moon clips is if a competition class develops for 5-shot revolvers and these become in demand for it. I fired off an email to Ruger about it, and I'll let you know what they say, too. In my opinion, they should use something like TK's moon clips from the jump. That's what S&W does, but hey, what do I know? If anyone knows of a good source for disposably cheap stamped moon clips for this gun (940's and Taurus 905's won't work), I'll buy them by the dozen.

EDIT: Ruger has kindly offered to replace the factory moon clips. Good job, Ruger.
    Last edited by Yale; 02-07-15 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anyone have a option on the LCR vs. the diamond back DB9 ? I ask because cdnn have the DB on sale for $249. That's pretty cheap. I had a DB in .308 and it was great, only problem was the damn spring was tough. My wife couldn't cok it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by semajwt1 View Post
    Anyone have a option on the LCR vs. the diamond back DB9 ? I ask because cdnn have the DB on sale for $249. That's pretty cheap. I had a DB in .308 and it was great, only problem was the damn spring was tough. My wife couldn't cok it.
    The Diamondbacks are generally regarded as unreliable and below Kel-tec and Taurus. (I've never owned a DB) Choose something else.

Feedback Score
    I've got one. Had it since early January. It's a nice revolver in my opinion and a lot of fun to shoot. The biggest thing going for it(for me anyway)is it carry-ability. The damn thing is just so light. I can carry it without a belt using a Talon IWB holster. Recoil is stout, but not to a point that it cannot be managed. I swapped that ramp sight for the Novak/Trijicon sight from Ruger and it's great. Perfect for when I don't feel like "lugging" the 26 around.

When I first got it I was having issues with the cylinder not rotating, but the hammer was dropping. I finally figured out that it was me. Being so use to shooting from reset, I wasn't letting the trigger out all the way. Damn thing has like 4 reset points and I think #2 is the one that can really be felt. So as soon as I felt that click, my brain was telling my finger to pull again. No bueno with DAO revolver. Definitely a reminder about switching platforms. With a lot of rounds I was finally able to get use to it and now just shoot with it at least once at the range to stay proficient.

Feedback Score
    I have LCR's in 22 LR, 38, and 327 Federal, love the 327 6 shooter, but Magnum loads are very stout. I have a Charter Arms Pitbull in 9 MM, it does not need moon clips as it has little retractable mechanisms to hold the rims, that mechanism prevent using a speed loader though. I use Tuff strips to reload pushing in two at a time. It is a five shooter. I have the 40 Pitbull on my nightstand also.

Feedback Score
    For those who were looking for an affordable moon clip holder for the LCR9 Ruger makes one. They sell them on the Rugerstore.com website. They come in a two pack that you wear splitting the belt like the old split six speedloader holders.

Feedback Score
    I use a 35 MM film case with a cardboard insert. Holds 2 clips. The cardboard keeps the rattle down. Super cheap and innocuous looking.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456