Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HANDL SCAR Advanced Fore-Rail

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

HANDL SCAR Advanced Fore-Rail

http://handldefense.com/product/scar...ced-fore-rail/

Saw this on facebook today, looks pretty nice for us SCAR owners...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like it, very interested in this one.
    I have read on another thread here there will be different length options also.
    VLTOR has been crossed off my list due to issues a friend of mine has had with his covering up the torx for front sight adjustment.

Feedback Score
    So they have had this concept for quite awhile. The first versions were Aluminum, Titanium was flirted with, but once Carbon was verified to sustian loads under the heat requirements, they went that way instead. This also lets the gun vent and drain so much better than any other system. Heat is a big issue for the MK.17 / 17S IMO.

It is lighter with all the rails than the VLTOR is with none. I am sure it is also much lighter than any of the receiver extension types (PWS, MI, FN). Handl's mission is to revise the SCAR, make it fall inline with more AR like ergo's and functionality while keeping it under the CAR-H specified weights. This fore rail is a big part of that.

It will take up to 800F from what I was told without issue, without the heat sink.

Your support hand index is much more inline with what you have come to expect from AR guns, espcially if you have handled any of the Lancer guns or race guns with CF rails.

The 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock rails are perfect for your surefire pressure switches. I somewhat recently converted to lights at 12 o clock, I like my pressure switch at 2, and this was desgined to run your lights and LA-5 switches in those exact spots.

Like all of thier products, you got to watch the video, this sytem changes a few things.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    So they have had this concept for quite awhile. The first versions were Aluminum, Titanium was flirted with, but once Carbon was verified to sustian loads under the heat requirements, they went that way instead. This also lets the gun vent and drain so much better than any other system. Heat is a big issue for the MK.17 / 17S IMO.

It is lighter with all the rails than the VLTOR is with none. I am sure it is also much lighter than any of the receiver extension types (PWS, MI, FN). Handl's mission is to revise the SCAR, make it fall inline with more AR like ergo's and functionality while keeping it under the CAR-H specified weights. This fore rail is a big part of that.

It will take up to 800F from what I was told without issue, without the heat sink.

Your support hand index is much more inline with what you have come to expect from AR guns, espcially if you have handled any of the Lancer guns or race guns with CF rails.

The 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock rails are perfect for your surefire pressure switches. I somewhat recently converted to lights at 12 o clock, I like my pressure switch at 2, and this was desgined to run your lights and LA-5 switches in those exact spots.

Like all of thier products, you got to watch the video, this sytem changes a few things.
    You know frequenting the FH forum, at first I kinda took Handl as a joke but not anymore. I've grown to appreciate all the small upgrades they bring to the table for the SCAR. Do you happen to know what the MSRP is going to be on this rail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    You know frequenting the FH forum, at first I kinda took Handl as a joke but not anymore. I've grown to appreciate all the small upgrades they bring to the table for the SCAR. Do you happen to know what the MSRP is going to be on this rail?
    #1 The MID is going to be mid to low $400 with all the rails, add probably 20-30 for the tan coating. Take a chunk off for the short and add a chunk for the long. I am kind of suprised they didnt include release dates and prices. (I know it wasn't going to take much to do a public release). I have mine, I would think that within a week or so they will have the dates for bulk delivery (NOV?)

#2 As for FN fourms (FNfourmastan) that place is very much set up to support Jim Elamzi. It has never been friendly to any of his direct competition (IWC, Handl, CAV, etc).

#3 So I have been pushing Alan Handl to bring everything he has to the civilian market, he is focused on the military submission. I understand that only a .mil adoption will allow things to be built on enough scale to make them cost effective. Certian items like the conversion kits do not make a damn bit of sense if they can be offered for less than the cost of a FN barrel. But things like this and possibly the recoil impulse mitigation kit can be sub $500 possibly (the upper end $wise I think is tolerable for a modification that is not optics) I think a lot of opnions would change if people saw what they are doing with the SCAR.
    Last edited by Fox33; 10-03-14 at 10:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, along with recent discussion of the Handl stock adapter and now this addition to the line up they have gained my attention, as I have not started with any modifications or upgrades to my SCAR 17 yet.

Fox33, thanks for all the very detailed information on these new products.
    Sounds like they are taking no short cuts and a "sky is the limit" approach.
    Will all 3 lengths be released around the same time?
    The short or mid sound right up my alley, the weight loss of CF along with a light out front sounds like a happy medium for any added weight combination to the front of the rifle.
    It appears from the pic you still have acces to the factory front sight windage adjustment also.
    Last edited by MBtech; 10-03-14 at 13:01.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Interesting if they make a shorter version.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Interesting if they make a shorter version.
    Yea, that is exactly what I need for my application.
    There is a pic in the Chopped down MI rail thread of what the shorter one will be like.
    Looks nice

Feedback Score
    RHINO

Of all the the things they have made this is one that I was pushing for them to get out. I have NDA so I could not say anything until they openly released it. These are really nice, I think these need to be made for every kind of gun, really changed my mind on CF for guns. Here is a pic of the estimated length.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, that would be about perfect for SBRs, of which both of my SCARs are (10.5" and 13").

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast