Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Start saving your money, something good comes our way soon!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I would love to hear your complaints about the Tavor. Personally, the only issue I have with the Tavor can be fixed via Geissele or Timney.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I would love to hear your complaints about the Tavor. Personally, the only issue I have with the Tavor can be fixed via Geissele or Timney.
    The most common complaints I hear are LOP issues for those who are of a more diminutive stature, Magazine release in a non AR 15 position, overall weight of the system.

Most of the complaints are coming from those who believe IWI should have skipped the Tavor SAR and went for the X-95 Tavor with a longer barrel. They ignore the fact that IWI would have had to take more time to investigate dwell time vs. barrel length on the gas system to insure a system that doesn't beat the user or the system to death.

As far as the Galil Ace goes, thinking about the advantage of having a stock CHF chrome lined barrel, stock Pic rails with covers, a full length top rail (not monolithic) with better sights and a longer sight radius, a more ergonomic charging handle that reseals the operating components, a better than stock AK trigger, more ergonomic safety controls, and a lighter weight than the older Galils and many Modernized AKs you end up with a package that does everything you want your modernized AK to do and it does it without sacrificing one thing for something else.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    As far as the reciprocating CH goes, it had advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages are that it's dirt simple. One comolded steel and nylon piece replace the dozen or so peices of the AR type CH and forward assist.

It also tells you quickly what's going on inside the rifle. CH all the way back and dead trigger? You're empty. CH forward and nothing happened when you pulled the trigger? You've got a dud. CH in some janky intermediary position? You've got a jam.

That's against the disadvantage that if you allow the CH to hit things as it reciprocates you'll induce a stoppage.

As usual, TANSTAAFL applies.

H

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'd say that the Galil's main negative is that it's relatively heavy when compared to an AR-15 or AKM. It will be interesting to see if the new Ace is lighter than the original Galil.
    This. Another big one for me was no 20 round magazines that I could find. 12 rd, 30, 45, but no 20. That was irksome. It does look more wicked than an AK. I will give it that.

The Galil ACE could ameliorate all that especially with AR mags but at this point for me, I have ARs. Never tried an ACE. Might check it out. Not really holding out for it.

That said, of all the versions just on looks alone, I would get the ACE 23. Maybe with a 16 or 14.5 barrel. Especially if it uses AR magazines. Even if it were a rifle just to have.
    Last edited by Firefly; 01-28-15 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My complaint is a very personal one. It just doesn't feel right. It doesn't feel like an AUG. It has that "bunched up" feeling.
    I could probably learn to adapt to it but I don't want to and do not have to do so.
    As much as I hate to admit, when I held it and tried it; it just felt like a turn off.

Some people really love theirs. I like my AUG A3.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637