Thread: Interviewing for NWSC job in Crane

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

Interviewing for NWSC job in Crane

Research into IN laws and general firearms attitudes seem pretty acceptable.
    If I get the job, moving to a job in new area is always easier with some advance scouting and talking with folks who BTDT. So... where do folks live who work at the Naval Weapons Support Center and what shooting activities are available nearby?

Feedback Score
    I wish I knew someone down that way. I'm in Indy. It's really nice down in Southern IN. Bloomington, Bedford & Washington are the towns surrounding Crane.

IN gun laws here are pretty 2A friendly. No SBS allowed for some reason though. There are a lot of gun stores and shooting clubs but not many long range shooting clubs. http://ingunowners.com is the board you'll want to join.

I applied for a couple "Field Service Representative/Engineering Support Technologist‏ " positions with URS. Just got a HR bot written ding email for one of them although I think I would be a great fit for the job. Ugh.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Most of the Long Range clubs are up North. Luckily one of them is my home range and is 25min from home and I run the 3gun and other shooting sports for the club. Get out to 1000 and the owner is wanting to put in a 1500.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    Bruce, my BIL and SIL live in Bloomfield and he works at Crane. It is a 20 minute drive for him and he has about 18 acres down there. He typically hunts with a shotgun or bow, and I don't know where he shoots the AR.

If you take the job, PM me and I'll get you connected with him. He's a great guy even if you just pick his brain about the area.

Nick

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I live in the Bedford area. Most that work at Crane live in either Greene or Lawrence County, as they are closet to Crane. I know several that work at Crane in various divisions. Southern Indiana is a great place to live. The Bloomington area is home to Indiana University and all the liberalism that comes with it. Bedford in night/day different than Bloomington. If, when you get to the area let us know. Welcome

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce in WV View Post
    Research into IN laws and general firearms attitudes seem pretty acceptable.
    If I get the job, moving to a job in new area is always easier with some advance scouting and talking with folks who BTDT. So... where do folks live who work at the Naval Weapons Support Center and what shooting activities are available nearby?
    My wife's great grandparents both retired from there, they lived in Springville which is very close to Bedford and Bloomington. As far as shooting activity nearby Panther Ridge Training Center is very close to Crane, it is located in Solsberry.

pantherridgetrainingcenter.com

Pistol and 100-600 yards available, $185 for year membership I believe.
    Last edited by MBtech; 11-19-14 at 11:07.