Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sarco Inc. FN-FAL Parts Kits

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    *edited*

Got this parts kit from Sarco Inc. $250 came with a new GI Argentine barrel (chrome-lined).

The stock is a beast, but it literally reeks of history. All things considered it's in pretty good shape.

The Izzy handguard appears to be in new/unissued condition with the cosmoline green.

You could do worse for a FAL build. Mine might go on a para receiver I've got lying around, but the historic stock has me in a mood for a traditional FAL.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Pics

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's a real mix master.....Argie barrel, Izzy handguards, and a Rhodesian/South African lower....

Should go together fine, although you'll need a higher rear sight to go with the front sight.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    So that's rhodesian?

Damn, I thought the receiver plate was Izzy but the painted camo should have been a tipoff. It's also a wood stock. I thought the rhodesian was plastic.

I was going to use a different lower altogether, a DSA Para.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    I was going to use a different lower altogether, a DSA Para.
    None of the parts pictured belong on a para, especially if you need to get your US parts count up... I guess you could use the pistol grip nut, the selector and maybe the rear sight screws and the trigger and hammer pins and the trigger guard...

And you could cut down the barrel, change the gas block, re-drill the gas port and re-crown and thread the muzzle...

But not much other than that goes on a para...
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Earlier contract R1's had wood stocks, with the metal ferrule at the wrist of the stock. Israeli wood stocks typically don't have the metal ferrule.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Damn I love the FAL.

That's a sweet pic on horseback. Soldier? Disgruntled Merc? or Farmer?

I thought i had seen it and did find a couple of images of Israeli Light Barrels with the ferrule (love that word) though I suppose they could have been builds.

Or is it the specific type of ferrule?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    None of the parts pictured belong on a para, especially if you need to get your US parts count up... I guess you could use the pistol grip nut, the selector and maybe the rear sight screws and the trigger and hammer pins and the trigger guard...

And you could cut down the barrel, change the gas block, re-drill the gas port and re-crown and thread the muzzle...

But not much other than that goes on a para...
    The para lower is a US made DSA. I've got more than enough US parts. I mostly got the kit for spare parts for my other FALs with the intention of putting the Argie barrel on the Para build. I was actually going to have the barrel cut down rethreaded. I didn't want to try that on a more expensive barrel. This seemed to be the best option for procuring a chrome-lined barrel I could butcher.

The more I look at that Rhodesian lower...the less and less I'm sure I want to do that.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The thing is, that barrel has the open ears on the sight/gas block that means it sits about 3mm higher than the later rifles with the lower front sight (with solid ears). The open front sight ears is correct for most early Israeli FAL's and very early (pre G1) FAL's. The Germans had the Belgians lower the sights on their rifles.

The lower you have has the later, lower rear sight. In order to zero that rifle, you'll either have to use a higher, older rear sight, or replace the gas block/front sight block with a newer, closed ear sight.

As far as the pic, that's a Rhodesian Scout....whether Sealous or Grays, I couldn't tell you.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    The lower you have has the later, lower rear sight. In order to zero that rifle, you'll either have to use a higher, older rear sight, or replace the gas block/front sight block with a newer, closed ear sight.
    Further, I am unaware of anyone who makes, or ever made, a para type rear sight that is the correct height for that gas block... Now if you want to do a late pattern Israeli light barrel, you can use the Argentinean barrel with the open ear gas block and the LB hand guards that you have... Additionally you will need a:

type 1 upper receiver
    late pattern flash hider combo device
    izzy gas plug
    FN carry handle
    izzy magazine release
    izzy bolt hold open
    izzy pivot pin
    izzy lower
    izzy selector
    izzy LB buttstock
    izzy charging handle
    izzy forward assist bolt carrier

Force all the numbers to match, mark it FTR 76, and reparkerize in gray... That will give you an accurate late pattern Israeli light barrel FAL...

Just my .02

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast