Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see those Noveske rifles!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyhoohaw View Post
    Noveske SBR w/ 10.5 SSCL barrel.

Probably one of my favorite guns that I've seen on Al Gore's Interweb. Excellent taste on gear my friend.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archangel View Post
    Probably one of my favorite guns that I've seen on Al Gore's Interweb. Excellent taste on gear my friend.
    Thanks bro. Since this pic I have ditched the TLR-2 for an X-200; otherwise it has remained the same. By far it is my favorite AR.

For shits and grins, here are some additional pics of previous configurations....

Cheers
    Last edited by buddyhoohaw; 06-21-08 at 08:12. Reason: Add photo.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    N4 Low Profile Carbine:

N4 Low Profile RECCE mid-length:

S/F,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    N4 Light LoPro
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC03 View Post
    N4 Low Profile Carbine:

N4 Low Profile RECCE mid-length:

S/F,
    Jeff
    2 Noveskes, and at least 4 LMTs?! You have a higher weapons procurement budget than Ghana! I really like the N4 low-pro Carbine Jeff. How does that UBR balance it out? Do you like it better than the SOPMOD?

Feedback Score
    LOL....I think Jeff also has a few Colt 6920's if I remeber correctly

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I really like the N4 low-pro Carbine Jeff. How does that UBR balance it out? Do you like it better than the SOPMOD?
    -The UBR balances well on guns with 14.5" or longer barrels with a longer rail system (ie. 10.0, 11.0, 12.0, 13.2, etc)

-Do I like the UBR more than the SOPMOD? I like certain stocks on certain guns.

Here is something I wrote a few months ago, when asked about different stocks:

Comparing a Magpul CTR stock to a Magpul UBR stock is like comparing a compact economy car to a full sized truck. Yes they both have 4 wheels and an engine, but that is where the liknesses end.

The CTR and the UBR have different missions, just like a compact economy car and a full sized truck have different missions.

The UBR may not feel at home on a short, light carbine or SBR with a short rail system / handguard. And the CTR may not feel at home on a 16" carbine with a 12.0 rail system or a 20" rifle........but the CTR would balance out the short guns, and the UBR would feel at home on the 16" carbine w/ 12.0 rail system or 20" rifle.

Something I have learned about AR's over the years is, it's a game of matching the right part with the right gun. You may try a stock on a 10.5" SBR and hate it, and then try the same stock on a 16" mid-length carbine and fall in love with it.

There are some accessories that I like across the board on all AR's, there are other accessories that I may like on a 11.5" SBR but not like on a 16" Mid-Length or a 20" Rifle.

Stocks can:

1) help balance out a rifle

2) or if the stock too big or heavy can dominate the gun

3) and if it's too small or too light can make the gun feel muzzle heavy

After trying several different configurations over the year, at the current time I have found that I like Magpul CTR's on SBR's and some 14.5" M4's, but I don't like Mapgul CTR's on 16" barreled mid-lengths or 14.5" guns with longer rail systems (9.0 - 13.2). The Magpul CTR is a light weight stock and doesn't balance out a front heavy carbine well.

-SOPMODs (for me) fit perfectly on a 14.5" M4, but can also balance most SBR's and mid-lengths out fairly well.

-Vltor EMods and Magpul UBRs balance out 16" Mid-Lenghts and most 18" gun with rifle length gas tubes quite well.

As a general rule *I* run:

-Magpul CTR's on SBR's (short barreled rifle) and some 14.5" M4's (with carbine length (7.0) rail system or standard carbine handguards)

-LMT SOPMOD stocks on 14.5" M4's and SBR's with long rail systems

-EMods and Magpul UBR's on 16" mid-lengths

-Magpul UBR's on 14.5" - 16" barrels with longer rail systems (10.0 - 13.2) (example show above of a UBR on a Noveske with a 14.5" barrel and a 10.0 rail system)

I also recently had the chance to try a Magpul UBR on a 20" rifle and the UBR balanced out the rifle extreemly well.

S/F,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very well spoken advise! Thanks for taking the time to type that out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Well, if you're a "poor college student," then I'm an unemployed homeless starving student!

Anyhou, Nice n4lr!
    Here here!

-B

Feedback Score
    Jeff, those are some really nice setups and the stock explanations really make a lot of sense. Now it is time for me to get up off my ass and get me a N4 light carbine setup. BTW, anyone have the N4 light low profile setup with the DD Omega rail and Troy F and R buis?

Stan

Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast