Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
I'm with WS6 on this.
There is a difference, depending on precision expectation.
In my case, I found that it prevented me from getting a good zero from the prone using M193 at 100. I had always thought Aimpoint = See the dot, see the target, G2G!

I fired a group at 100 yards and it was off to the left about 3". So, I gingerly cranked in 3 clicks, and fired another. It was to the right 3" and a bit down. Huh? Kyle Lamb approached me about it and I told the same to him. He told me to flip the front BUIS up, and put the dot on top of the post for each shot. Somehow, magically, I was able to zero it after firing the next group, saw that it had NOT moved 6" from 3 clicks, and learned that a sacred cow of mine had met its demise.

I have learned over and over and over and OVER again so many times it makes my head hurt how different the real world is from my medical text books, or from product descriptions, or from what "logic" dictates something should be. I'm still 28, and still learning that lesson. I just can't stress enough how much one can learn from doing, or listening to those who have done, that can't be found in print, and can't be derived from product advertisement literature.