Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Leupold LCO optic

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    Sounds amazing. If you like it that well I'm pretty much sold.
    Definitely try it yourself before taking the plunge.
    I will probably be using one in some carbine competitions to round out experience and to see how much the offset affects application.
    The biggest issue is that it is the first of its kind, so other than the initial smell test, I can't testify to full spectrum use yet.
    One thing that I need to see is integration with inline and worn NV. Not much of a worry for most, significant to some. May induce some paradigm shifts, what once was done may now be worse, or potentially better. I can think of a few ways that having dual optics would be an advantage for inline devices along with other enablers. However, if the solution is approached from a conventional approach, there are immediately apparent issues. Technology advances that were solutions to non-existent questions may now have found a home, though they may still need some time for refinement.
    Only experience and comparison will tell the tale in the end.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Not unlike a piggy backed RDS on a higher power scope (i.e. Leupold MK6 3-18 with Aimpoint T1), but perhaps with less eye movement?
    Those suffer from not just a significant change in head/eye position for use, but also a cheek-weld and immediate presentation line of sight decision under high stress. The D-EVO requires zero head movement, and the image from the magnified optic sits at about where lower 1/3 cowitnessed sights would be, but without needing to move lower.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    I'm VERY anxious to see people using it and to learn from those applications and integrations with other equipment.
    JACK LAPHAM IV
    Design Engineer III
    www.leupold.com
    https://jacklapham.wordpress.com
    Leupold Optics Academy

Leupold D-EVO

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The game changer is that the user does nothing other than a slight shift of the eye down to be at 6x.
    When properly positioned, it is virtually seamless.
    So the D-EVO has its own reticle/adjustments/etc. and can be used with any RDS, it's not "using" the RDS to do anything, it is its own thing, take the RDS off and chunk it if you like. Am I understanding? If so, how does it do this without smashing your face into the stock while still allowing use of the RDS?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It sits behind any RDS (or the Deltapoint Pro can mount ON TOP of it). It "looks" around the RED DOT (to the right). So you just look through your red dot, and when you see something far away, you glance down into the eyepiece (which is a circle with the top 15% flattened) and what you were looking at is now at 6X assuming your within the eye-box. It seemed to have about the same eye-relief and eye-box as a 4X acog to me...took some getting used to.
    For me, I like the versatility, but since I'm mainly shooting inside of 200Y, a 3X flip to side on a QD mount is more up my alley.
    Last edited by evi1joe; 12-30-14 at 20:54.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    It sits behind any RDS (or the Deltapoint Pro can mount ON TOP of it). It "looks" around the RED DOT (to the right). So you just look through your red dot, and when you see something far away, you glance down into the eyepiece (which is a circle with the top 15% flattened) and what you were looking at is now at 6X assuming your within the eye-box. It seemed to have about the same eye-relief and eye-box as a 4X acog to me...took some getting used to.
    For me, I like the versatility, but since I'm mainly shooting inside of 200Y, a 3X flip to side on a QD mount is more up my alley.
    Interesting! How's it mount? QD? Bolt-on? Uses existing mount of some sort? BUIS look over it or not?

Feedback Score
    Definitely try it yourself before taking the plunge.
    Of course, I just meant that your positive comments carry a lot of weight.....

I will probably be using one in some carbine competitions to round out experience and to see how much the offset affects application.
    The biggest issue is that it is the first of its kind, so other than the initial smell test, I can't testify to full spectrum use yet.
    One thing that I need to see is integration with inline and worn NV. Not much of a worry for most, significant to some. May induce some paradigm shifts, what once was done may now be worse, or potentially better. I can think of a few ways that having dual optics would be an advantage for inline devices along with other enablers. However, if the solution is approached from a conventional approach, there are immediately apparent issues. Technology advances that were solutions to non-existent questions may now have found a home, though they may still need some time for refinement.
    Only experience and comparison will tell the tale in the end
    Yeah, new technology often becomes surpassed quite quickly, but it's exciting to see something I've imagined in my head as a concept, start to become a reality.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Any idea of weight when compared to a Mark 6 1-6 with mount. I realize weight will vary based on what RDS is selected...just looking for a ball park.
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    In competition there are times that midrange magnification is desirable, though the D-EVO is not really being driven in that direction. As a combat optic, the immediate transition between 1x and 6x outweighs and mitigates the 2x-4x option.
    Failure2Stop, my limited experience (compared to yours anyway) is the only time I put my 1-6 in that 2x-4x range is when I anticipate I may have both close/distant targets but not the time to switch between magnifications. I find myself going to 2.5x because I'm in an open area but want to be able to quickly shoot a close target if it presents itself. If I understand this right, the D-EVO removes THAT concern since there is no action or movement needed to switch between 1x and 6x. Is my thinking correct and in that light, do you still believe an intermediate magnification is useful for other reasons? Might a 4x D-EVO be preferred in a controlled (competition?) environment where you know you won't see targets over 200 meters away? Thanks in advance for your response.

Feedback Score
    Link removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 01-07-15 at 12:31. Reason: We don't feed the trolls, or Ogres.

Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast