Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Leupold LCO optic

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Eotech and Aimpoint already dominate that field. The etched angle would fill a niche for people who otherwise run mini ACOG's but would rather true 1X and battery power to prevent washout.
    Why 1x if it's not going to be parallax-free? Why not 1-4x or something like that?

Even with astigmatism, does the Aimpoint really hinder your ability to out rounds on target? My T1 dot looks like a spider, but I've managed to make hits on 18" plates to 700+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerw02 View Post
    Why 1x if it's not going to be parallax-free? Why not 1-4x or something like that?

Even with astigmatism, does the Aimpoint really hinder your ability to out rounds on target? My T1 dot looks like a spider, but I've managed to make hits on 18" plates to 700+.

Leupold already has a 1x variable. Weight.
    No optic is parallax free.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Not fully parallax free but parallax free beyond a few feet---you know what I was saying. Very small market segment cares about a 1x etched reticle because there will be more parallax with a reticle vs a projection.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Not fully parallax free but parallax free beyond a few feet---you know what I was saying. Very small market segment cares about a 1x etched reticle because there will be more parallax with a reticle vs a projection.

My t1 has plenty at 100 yards. This is why I zero and shoot with my fsp up typically so I can maintain the same relationship with the dot as to avoid zero shift from parallax.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Funny, mine doesn't seem to at all. I run both eyes open an can pretty much nail targets

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Funny, mine doesn't seem to at all. I run both eyes open an can pretty much nail targets

Ymmv. Shooting groups exposed the issue. Running and gunning was no issue though. My adjustments and groups sucked until Kyle lamb had me try it his way though. I've stuck with it and it's done me a solid.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mine shoots groups smaller than the dot. How big were your groups? Whole purpose of 1x is speed. If it were an etched reticle is we afraid of losing speed.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mine shoots groups smaller than the dot. How big were your groups? Whole purpose of 1x is speed. If it were an etched reticle is we afraid of losing speed.

About 3" with m193 at 100. 3 clicks got a 6" shift and I knew something was wrong. Kyle to the rescue. It was impossible to zero easily until the fsp came up and the dot was consistently related to it.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I'm with WS6 on this.
    There is a difference, depending on precision expectation.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Over the last year I've found myself less and less interested in red dots.

I used to own an EXPS3-0 and still own a PRO and T-1. T-1 is on my SBR and PRO on my .22 upper.

But after using a Mk8 at <25yd matches... I don't see the point anymore... So I plan to replace all my optics with Mk8s. After I win the lottery.

But seriously, I'd rather run a Vortex 1-4 or VX-R 1.25-4 or Mk6 or VCOG or obviously a Mk8 over any red dot.

I hope this new optic has like 1.5x magnification to be honest. Leupold better be going with a DP2 type illumination rather than the Mk6/8 though.
    Last edited by Koshinn; 10-13-14 at 12:11.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 54 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast