Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Guy: Mega Arms 14.7" Custom Build.

Feedback Score

New Guy: Mega Arms 14.7" Custom Build.

Hey guys! Newbie here. I figured I would show off my first custom build.

Specs of the final evolution.
    Mega GTR-3H billet lower.
    Mega billet upper.
    Wilson Recon 14.7" SS barrel w/ Wilson Low-Pro gas block.
    Wilson 13.8" T.R.I.M. hand guard.
    Young Manufacturing N/M BCG.
    Spikes LPK.
    BADASS ambi safety.
    BADASS enhanced take down pins.
    Geissele SSA-E trigger.
    VLTOR receiver extension.
    PWS H2 buffer.
    BCM Mod 44 ambi charging handle.
    Magpul CTR stock.
    Magpul MOE+ grip.
    Magpul ASAP.
    AAC 51T muzzle brake.
    KNS detents and springs.
    POF bolt catch.
    NORGON ambi magazine release.
    Foliage Green Cerakote.

Now for the pics...

Mega billet set.

I originally spec'd a B5 SOPMOD bravo stock.

I also had originally spec'd a Geissele SD3G trigger.

Feedback Score
    Seen it in person and it's an awesome build!

Feedback Score
    Wilson TRIM rail mock up.

Furniture change. Foliage MOE+ grip and CTR stock.

Barrel install. Wilson uses a HUGE barrel nut.

Wilson rail installed w/ barrel.

Feedback Score
    Young had a back order on their BCGs so I originally bought a Rainer Arms NiB NM BCG. (Here it is next to my Ruger SR556 BCG)

AAC 51T brake installed.

Over all look.

Feedback Score
    Young NM BCG

Here it is pretty much complete. Added a Vortex Viper 1-4 in an ADM mount. SureFire 300 MiniScout in a LaRue offset mount with a remote thumb switch. Knights URX panels were also added.

Here the upper and lower is with Foliage Cerakote.

Here it is assembled. I bought an SRT stock but didn't like it so I put the CTR back on.

And here it is pretty much complete and in the final evolution.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Nice, and I like how you took pictures all the way through. I'm curious why you switched out to the YM bolt carrier instead of just keeping the one you already had going?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    Nice, and I like how you took pictures all the way through. I'm curious why you switched out to the YM bolt carrier instead of just keeping the one you already had going?
    I knew I wanted a Young BCG at the before I started even buying parts. IMO Young makes the absolute highest quality BCGs in the business. I also don't care for NiB BCG. I put about 250 rounds on the Rainier NM BCG and I found that the NiB stains and stains all kinds of odd colors. Brown, Black, Yellow..etc and no amount of cleaning, scrubbing and cleaners would make it silver again. So, when I accounted for the high cost of the Rainier NM BCG and the fact that it looked like absolute garbage after shooting it I was all too happy with the Youngs came back in stock. Their machining and workmanship is 2nd to no one and I prefer hard chrome leaps and bound above NiB. Hard chrome cleans up without chemicals and doesn't stain at all.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Why no port door?
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    Why no port door?
    When I had it Cerakoted the door kept seeping grease so my coating guy had to keep the door for a few extra weeks to keep applying the coating and baking it until all the grease came out of the door. To install the door I had to pull the rail and the barrel nut because the barrel nut that Wilson designed is so big. So I decided to go without it for a few months because I didn't want to pull the barrel and re-sight all my optics. So, last weekend I decided to pull the rail and barrel nut and install the door. So it's finally on there now.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    I knew I wanted a Young BCG at the before I started even buying parts. IMO Young makes the absolute highest quality BCGs in the business. I also don't care for NiB BCG. I put about 250 rounds on the Rainier NM BCG and I found that the NiB stains and stains all kinds of odd colors. Brown, Black, Yellow..etc and no amount of cleaning, scrubbing and cleaners would make it silver again. So, when I accounted for the high cost of the Rainier NM BCG and the fact that it looked like absolute garbage after shooting it I was all too happy with the Youngs came back in stock. Their machining and workmanship is 2nd to no one and I prefer hard chrome leaps and bound above NiB. Hard chrome cleans up without chemicals and doesn't stain at all.
    I see. Did they start staking their gas keys, or did you have that done as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast