Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Guy: Mega Arms 14.7" Custom Build.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TF82 View Post
    I see. Did they start staking their gas keys, or did you have that done as well?
    I bought the Young BCG from Rainier Arms and they steak the gas key. I haven't had any problems with it but I know the warranty is now void. It's not a SUPER huge deal and the BCG has performed flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Are my eyes deceiving me, or does it have 5/8" muzzle threads (typically on .30cal barrels)? If so, why that over the typical 1/2"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Onyx Z View Post
    Are my eyes deceiving me, or does it have 5/8" muzzle threads (typically on .30cal barrels)? If so, why that over the typical 1/2"?
    The Wilson Recon barrels have a 5/8 (.308 thread). This is what Wilson says...
    "Note: The Recon SR barrel muzzle is machined with 5/8-24” threads regardless of caliber selected. This allows for a thicker muzzle area in 5.56 caliber that has extra barrel material for safely welding or pinning on a flash hider/suppressor attachment to bring the barrel over the 16” legal length when assembled."

Feedback Score
    Truly awesome, and an informative post!

Great looking Mega

Feedback Score
    Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
    I knew I wanted a Young BCG at the before I started even buying parts. IMO Young makes the absolute highest quality BCGs in the business. I also don't care for NiB BCG. I put about 250 rounds on the Rainier NM BCG and I found that the NiB stains and stains all kinds of odd colors. Brown, Black, Yellow..etc and no amount of cleaning, scrubbing and cleaners would make it silver again. So, when I accounted for the high cost of the Rainier NM BCG and the fact that it looked like absolute garbage after shooting it I was all too happy with the Youngs came back in stock. Their machining and workmanship is 2nd to no one and I prefer hard chrome leaps and bound above NiB. Hard chrome cleans up without chemicals and doesn't stain at all.
    Thanks for info on NIB staining, that would drive me crazy. Nice looking build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Those YM BCG's are nice!

Feedback Score
    Nicely done. Good choice on the Young BCG. I've been running mine for years... in 3 different guns, and I love it. Then again, I'm an old dude, and we liked chrome back in the day. I see very few people running them, but it has been very reliable for me. If I ever do me up another gun, I'll try to find another. I may anyway as a spare... Right now my spares are mil-spec, but I prefer to simply wipe them clean in 20 seconds flat.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12