Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Lefties Using 45 Degree Offset Sights?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Here's a link to my write up: http://www.militarymorons.com/weapon...html#griffinfs

Their folding M2 sights are lower down on the page. I'm using the fixed sights on a magnified optic upper, and the M2s as regular/non-offset backup sights.
    Awesome, thanks. Nice write up, very informative and great pictures as usual. I see why you like those Griffin units.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 06-14-18 at 06:25.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I’ve been using the fixed ones for about 18 months and I have zero complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    This is the only thread I could find on the subject so I'm bumping it rather than creating a new one to see if we got some more lefties with input. Since magnified optics have been all the rage for several years now I'd like to get to the latest from my fellow southpaws.

Any other new left-hand friendly offset-sight options that have proven solid in the last 3 1/2 years?

Which ones have you found, if any, that do not work well on the left side?

Do you have a preferred folding version? fixed version?

These do look pretty sweet. Any comments on them?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Here is what we have for left-handed or ambi- offset sights...

Fixed:
    Griffin Fail Safe
    Dueck Defense, Inc. Rapid Transition Sights™
    GG&G 45 Degree Transition Sights
    XS Sights XTIs (Xpress Threat Interdiction Sight)
    ZeroBravo Rapid Engagement Offset Sights (REOS)

Folding:
    Griffin M2 sights
    TROY 45 Degree Folding BattleSights

Regarding left-hand use of Magpul MBUS Pro Offset Sights
    To explore the right/left handedness of the Magpul MBUS Offset Sights I mounted them correctly but held the rifle left-handed. I also mounted them backwards on the left side of the rifle for muscle-memory comparison. Left handed shooting is a mirror of right handedness. Shoulders are switched. Hands are reversed. And barring backwards eye-dominance, everything else is the same. Other than non-ambidextrous fire controls, the operation of the gun is symmetrical.

Which means the right-hand preference of the Magpul MBUS Offset Sights requires a slightly unnatural counter-rotation of the rifle to engage the sights with the eye. Instead of the trigger-side elbow rolling away from the body, the trigger arm must fold under the rifle leading to a counterintuitive twist where holding the rifle still is a new skill to be mastered. I’m not sure the market for left-handed Magpul MBUS Offset Sights is deep enough for Magpul to take the financial plunge, but it would be a nice offering to our often neglected left-handed brethren.

What about KAC? It appears that is what he OP went with but I'm not seeing a left-hand specific model nor mention of reversibility.
    KAC 45 Degree 200-600 Meter Offset Folding Sight
    KAC M-LOK Offset Flip Up Front Micro Sight

Are there any others worth mentioning?
    Last edited by titsonritz; 06-14-18 at 06:20.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Great thread. I am thinking this through as well, not only at the level of which offset sight to buy, but scenarios where I'd want them vs not.

Looks like Midwest Industries recently added a couple of ambi offset options, 2 are fixed, 1 is folding:
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...ghts-s/242.htm
    Last edited by maximus83; 09-23-19 at 15:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can also off-set a RMR as a backup sight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    PRI makes a very nice, lightweight, inexpensive offset RMR mount which is available for both left and right side orientations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Great thread. I am thinking this through as well, not only at the level of which offset sight to buy, but scenarios where I'd want them vs not.

Looks like Midwest Industries recently added a couple of ambi offset options, 2 are fixed, 1 is folding:
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...ghts-s/242.htm
    I have a set of the MI folding sights and am a lefty. They work as advertised.

Feedback Score
    I’m a lefty and have a set of nock off diamond head flip out 45 degrees on mine . I just reversed them on the rail so they pop out to left and I cant the gun 45 to the right . Work fine . I wanted to see if it would work before I bought a set for 300 . The only problem I have with the nock offs is the springs are weak so they don’t lay totally flat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sdacbob View Post
    You can also off-set a RMR as a backup sight.
    This is my preference as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123