Thread: Leatherman Skeletool CX- mini range report

Feedback Score

Leatherman Skeletool CX- mini range report

I recently parted ways (read: lost) my Leatherman Wave. I use it a lot and so it had to be replaced rather sharpish. I have been hearing a lot about a new offering in a minimalist format- the Skeletool.

http://www.leatherman.com/products/t...cx/default.asp

I gave it a look and found it to be pretty appealing. After a bit of hesitation (the Charge is also a very good unit, and I almost went with that option...) I picked one up.

Ergos are good, and the skeletonization of the piece makes it pretty light. It is also a bit smaller than the other full-size tools. The CX version has a better/subdued finish and an upgraded 154CM blade. It's about $18 more than the garden variety model, but IMO the better blade steel might be worth it, and the finish has a touch of the CDI factor going for it, too.

When I had my Wave, I used the blade, bit-drivers, and pliers the most- so this looked like a natural for me. I DO miss the scissors at times, though. It DOES have a bottle opener- which has come in handy. It also has an integral belt clip like the ones you'd find on most folders these days. The knife blade deploys more easily, and in the one-handed fashion. Overall, it feels more like a very functional folder as opposed to a clunky multitool.

A solid piece of gear. Thumbs up!

Bulldog1967 Guest
    Been looking at one of those for soem time. Thanks for the review!

Feedback Score
    I picked one up a few weeks ago to replace my PT as my EDC. Works as advertised, light weight, solid construction - Leatherman did an awesome job with this one IMHO.

Feedback Score
    I love mine and my other LMs too!

One other thing to keep in mind. If one is to remove the clip for some reason or another, be sure not to loose that steel piece in there, otherwise when installing back the clip, it'll simply spin around.

Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    good to know!!!