Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor: H&K USA Has Been Sold?!?!?!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Someone will bail them out.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I know, they have a very poorly structured debt. That said, sale of HK USA is irrelevant, it won't keep HK Gmbh afloat or take it under. One would assume that if someone has enough money to buy HK USA, they have enough sense to buy it as a business opportunity, not a prized artifact.
    Whether HK Germany lives or takes a dive is a separate subject; if latter is the case, someone will buy it for cheap. As long as we're not hearing that Norinco or Izhmash are buying HK Gmbh, I am not concerned.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    My understanding is that HK Germany owns HK USA.

If this is true, this is unfortunate. I foresee a Winchester-esque pre-64/post-64 drop in quality from H&K products.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post

If this is true, this is unfortunate. I foresee a Winchester-esque pre-64/post-64 drop in quality from H&K products.
    Why would that happen if guns were still to be made in Deutschland?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Why would that happen if guns were still to be made in Deutschland?
    Allow me to specify: If HK Deutschland is bought out, I expect a drop in quality.

If HK USA has been bought out, I would expect a drop in the quality of customer service. And a drop in quality of US-produced H&K products or H&K products with significant US-made components, like the HK45, HK45C, MR556A1, and MR762A1. Might also kill the HK293.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If I had the cash I'd buy HK in a heartbeat...

It would be glorious.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So if HK Germany folds and HK USA is bought or gets the funding to go on their own it could be a blessing. We could get all the best HKs in civilian form. MP5s, and G36s for everyone!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M4C group buy for 51% of the shares? Then we can dictate what is produced! I want a semi auto MP7 and a semi auto beltfed HK21

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I know, they have a very poorly structured debt.
    Originally most of debt is from original loan took by current HK owners to buy it out, that is secured on HK assets. Also they lost some money with 2008 crisis. Plus owners seem to have some pressing needs for cash. HK do not seem to loose money on their core business, but they must generate enough to pay debts or get roll out. Also for now German Army can not afford to allow HK go down crash way, but they can find solution with not keeping it as it is. Anyway, time will tell.

When Polish ZM "Łucznik" went down, everybody was thinking that it end of firearms manufacture. But new company FB "Łucznik" (Fabryka Broni Radom - now) was established. They bought best assets left after ZM, took over military delivery of Beryl and now they are much better. Same might happen to HK and even be a good thing.
    Last edited by montrala; 10-23-14 at 04:39.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    H&K was always reaching for the brass ring and never worked hard enough on civilian sales. I hope they can restucture with an eye towards. (on the civilian side)

1. Civy HK416, std profile $1500
    3.Civy HK417, std profile $1800
    3. VP9/VP9k, VP9SK
    4. HK45/and C

I have to say, this might be true. That $200 rebate is mighty fishy. Sounds like a stock blowout.
    When pigs fly and hell freezes over.....whichever comes first!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast