Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pap M92 pistol with brace questions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Pap M92 pistol with brace questions

I am considering buying a Pap M92 pistol with a Sig brace. I have a few questions to consider before I buy it.

First, the thing comes from Century arms, so have there been any reported reliability or quality control problems?

Also, I'm wondering if the receiver made by Century as it doesn't look to be a Yugo receiver.

Does anyone know what parts of the gun are made by Century for 922R compliance purposes?

I tried the search engine on this forum as well as tried to use google to search the forum and found some info, but not what I was looking for.

thanks

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    I am considering buying a Pap M92 pistol with a Sig brace. I have a few questions to consider before I buy it.

First, the thing comes from Century arms, so have there been any reported reliability or quality control problems?

Also, I'm wondering if the receiver made by Century as it doesn't look to be a Yugo receiver.

Does anyone know what parts of the gun are made by Century for 922R compliance purposes?

I tried the search engine on this forum as well as tried to use google to search the forum and found some info, but not what I was looking for.

thanks
    It's made by Zastava. 0 issues with the gun.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    The bore isn't chrome lined either, FWIW. That's the only thing that's helping my wallet integrity with regard to one.
    I have far more guns than I realistically need, but far less than I want. - NongShim

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have one it is rock solid. No issues with reliability. I like the feel of it better than an AR Pistol and the only thing I changed on it was to add a Hogue grip. I don't believe 922r applies because it is a pistol. (I might be wrong).

Feedback Score

No problem with mine.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have show a couple of them (two friends both bought them at the same time), and no issues at all. The fireball out of the muzzle is huge at night!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How hard is it to fit this brace to a M92 Pap pistol? What are the steps involved?

I want to buy an M92 Pap with a brace, but can't seem to find any. If it is easy enough to fit a brace to it I may just buy the brace and gun separately and put them together.

thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have an M95, which is the 5.56 version (which for some reason uses an RPK trunnion/receiver). The brace just gets sandwiched between the pistol grip and receiver. Seems sturdy enough.

Feedback Score
    The m92 is good to go. The brace only takes seconds to install. Just loosen the pistol grip and slide the brace tangs between the receiver and the grip, then tighten the grip screw down. A couple things I observed about the stock is I found it tends to go loose and wobble with the original grip. Also, I found the tangs on the brace can be uncomfortable with stock pistol grip because they can dig into your hands. My recommendation is the Hogue grip. After I installed it, the gun was far more comfortable (no brace tang interference) and the stock was more solid. You can also put some blue loctite on the grip screw for some added strength on the brace. The gun is rock solid now and one of my favorite guns to shoot.

Also, I forgot to mention. I bought my gun with no accessories and installed the brace and a krinkov booster myself.
    Last edited by Diezel; 10-26-14 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, Diezel ,

What you pictured is exactly what I want.

Since I don't see any complete M92 Pap pistols with the brace and Krinkov muzzle brake, I will have to buy them all separately and build it myself.

How hard was it to fit the Krinkov muzzle brake?

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    The m92 is good to go. The brace only takes seconds to install. Just loosen the pistol grip and slide the brace tangs between the receiver and the grip, then tighten the grip screw down. A couple things I observed about the stock is I found it tends to go loose and wobble with the original grip. Also, I found the tangs on the brace can be uncomfortable with stock pistol grip because they can dig into your hands. My recommendation is the Hogue grip. After I installed it, the gun was far more comfortable (no brace tang interference) and the stock was more solid. You can also put some blue loctite on the grip screw for some added strength on the brace. The gun is rock solid now and one of my favorite guns to shoot.

Also, I forgot to mention. I bought my gun with no accessories and installed the brace and a krinkov booster myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast