Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Veteran's Day giveaway

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)

Veteran's Day giveaway

Tuesday, November 11 is Veteran’s Day: A celebration to honor America's veterans for their patriotism, love of country, and willingness to serve and sacrifice for the common good.

A member here at M4C asked if they could honor our veterans with a gift. They wished to remain completely anonymous, and wished to give a veteran here something special. What they chose is this:

It’s a Bravo Company 16” upper, with a bolt carrier group, Gunfighter charging handle with Mod 4 latch, an enhanced lightweight barrel, mid-length gas system, and a 13” KMR rail. It can be found here:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-1...6elw-kmr13.htm

It’s a beautiful upper, and would make for a terrific carbine. And this fine person wishes to give it to a veteran, chosen at random on Veteran’s Day.

Here’s the rules, and you are responsible for reading the entire thread:

1. You must already be a member of M4Carbine.net at the time that this exact post is made. If you have joined after the date/time stamp of this post, you are not eligible.

2. You must be currently on active duty, honorably discharged, retired, or medically retired from one (or more) of the following services: The United States Army, United States Navy, United States Marine Corps, United States Air Force, United States Coast Guard, or one of their Reserve or National Guard components. If you have a DD, BCD, OTH, admin or other type of not so terrific discharge, you are not eligible. United States forces only - if you served in the Iranian Navy or North Korean Highway Patrol, you ain’t eligible.

3. To enter, put a post in this thread in the Site Comments/Questions subforum. The order in which you post will be the number that the donor gives you for the drawing. The donor will then use a random number generator to choose the winner.

4. The winner will be selected sometime on Veteran’s Day or as close after as possible, and I will reveal the winner.

5. The winner will be required to provide verification of military service, along with an email address and shipping address. If you cannot prove honorable service to my satisfaction, then you don’t get the upper. Period. No whining, no appeals. Super-secret ninja duty with no papers means no upper. We can and will check this out.

6. After the winner provides verification, the upper will be shipped to you on the donor's dime. If you are overseas, we will work with you on this, or the donor will hold the upper for you until you return to CONUS. If you live in a state with restrictive laws on this upper, we will work with the winner to try and get this to them, while observing ALL applicable laws. Seriously, if you cannot own this upper, just let somebody else win it that can own it. You MUST be legally eligible to own this, before you can receive it. We’ll check.

7. M4Carbine.net is not promising anything, and does not take any responsibility for this giveaway. I’m being the public face of this, to help the generous donor remain anonymous. This giveaway does have the approval of the site Administrator. I am not entering, and have no financial interest in this giveaway. Neither does any member of the moderators or staff.

8. If you feel I have left out some needed detail or have a question, you can contact me via PM, and I will forward that to the giver. Any decision reached is final – no appeals, whining, bickering, or arguments. This person is doing a wonderful thing, out of the kindness of their heart. I have personally met this person, and vouch that they are a fine human being that wants to do something nice. DO NOT abuse this person’s generosity. We reserve the right to add more information/rules/clarification/hot scoop at the giver’s discretion.

9. Here’s what this is really all about, folks. These are the words this person used to explain why they wanted to do this:

“I have gained a great deal from guys on this forum that have been gracious enough to share their knowledge and experiences. All of the freedoms that I enjoy are due to sacrifices made by our veterans past and present.”

Good luck to you all, and my personal thanks to the giver, and those who have served and are serving our great nation. Remember those who served, and especially those who served and never returned.

Edited to add: The donor asked that we make a cut-off for entries at noon Central Standard Time, on November 11, 2014. Any entry posted after that time will not be considered eligible.
    Last edited by SeriousStudent; 10-26-14 at 00:00. Reason: added cut-off time

Feedback Score
    To the donator,

As a veteran, I want to say thank you. Without the support of the people back home, our mission wouldn't have meaning behind it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is definitely one of the most badass things I have seen anyone do for us vets. "anonymous", you sir or ma'am are a truly great american! Thank you so much for your support of the Military: Past, Present, and future. God bless you and yours!
    Rangers Lead The Way

Feedback Score
    Thankyou so much and I want you to know that YOU and people like you are the reason I have not regretted joining and serving my country! YOU keep me going!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Rah, thanks to the anonymous donor

Feedback Score
    It's folks like the donator who make "Thank you for your service" more than just a cliche'. Thank YOU anonymous.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    To the donor, bravo sir.

USMC 89-93
    SEMPER FI

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. This is AWESOME. WELL DONE.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Very generous offer, Anonymous Stranger. Thank you kindly.

Feedback Score
    Big thanks to the donor, what great support!
    USMC 2011-Present

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast