Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Red dots on concealed carry guns - thoughts?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hogarth View Post
    I doubt that since it is clear that you don't even understand what point shooting is. It certainly is NOT "walking rounds into a target". That's a laugh.

I don't know who you did FoF with, but when I have done it, those who stood still or "duckwalked" searching for a good two handed grip and sight picture got wasted fast. Sorry, but when both parties are in motion (and if there are multiple bad guys, as there often are), acquiring that perfect sight picture doesn't happen. If it does, that means bad guy 2 deals with you while you are dealing with #1.

Whatever. I shared with the OP my knowledge based on my experience with the RMR. Beyond that, I see this thread going to no sensible place.
    My FoF experience is similar to this. Get off the X and point shoot @ 7yrds.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    WRT the fibre/tririum, I remember Grant posting that he uses the non-battery RM03, and it makes sense to me. No electronics to kill.

I am a fan of Crimson Trace laser grips for those shoot from retention type situations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    WRT the fibre/tririum, I remember Grant posting that he uses the non-battery RM03, and it makes sense to me. No electronics to kill.

I am a fan of Crimson Trace laser grips for those shoot from retention type situations.
    Yeah, no battery is appealing for a go-to configuration of a carry pistol... that is, if it isn't a problem to utilize in a format where you might be shooting with a mounted weaponlight. If there is significant washout, then maybe the benefits aren't that much greater than just running irons, if you have to revert to them every time you use your light. I know in the low-light training that I've done, it's a good reminder to everyone to check their dot visibility with their light ON as their base brightness setting...

Some drills in classes with the late Louis Awerbuck, using a laser on a pistol, even in retention drills, gave me the impression they were more distracting than just taking the shot with fundamentals and good technique (proper draw and indexing), but that varies with experience probably. Just remember, good fundamentals and technique should never fail you, if they are drilled often enough and with proper instruction.

I also remember some other discussion at one point indicating that lasers on weapons (visible or IR), a la Special Forces operators, was more for them to reference *each other* and what they were covering/pointing at, more than for their own aiming. Food for thought, but heading off on a far tangent...
    Last edited by scootle; 10-30-14 at 17:59.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567